Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys

So I own model 3 plus

I’ve have the premium connectivity I guess for a month or more.

now it all works good with the emails out and defining things that great

However the descriptions mention satellite view of maps and live visual traffics but I don’t have either of these.

so my guess is it’s a hardware thing or will I receive it when I go premium ?

M3 I picked up less than 6 months ago has v3 hardware

thanks

Came here to ask the same question. I’ve had my car since April and have never had satellite maps.
If you tap the map screen, a group of buttons are supposed to appear in the lower right of the screen to allow turning on satellite and traffic. For me, only the “show chargers” option appears.

I received an email that said I had complimentary premium for a month, but I do not have the maps option.

I have a Standard Range+. Purchased in May of this year. The car currently has all of the premium connectivity features EXCEPT live traffic visualization and satellite maps.

The email received from Tesla last night states that my car is now in a 30 day trial ending on January 7th which includes all premium features.

Checked my car this morning and nothing has changed since yesterday. No live traffic visualization and no satellite maps.

I will note that I am presently on 2019.36.2.4

I am going to speculate that either A) Tesla has a software update coupled to this that they forgot to push out along with the e-mail that would enable these premium features on S/SR+ Cars, OR the S/SR+ cars simply cannot and will never be able to support traffic and satellite.

Guess time will tell!

Yes, no doubt the SR/SR+ has the hardware required to display satellite maps and traffic visualization. But the feature was not offered on those cars so there was always speculation as to whether Tesla would ever offer an upgrade path to get there and whether the path would cost more than it would cost for the Premium Interior owners. I believe the author of the email just forgot that the SR/SR+ trims don’t have the maps and traffic and didn’t think it through before releasing the email. Pretty typical for Tesla actually.

At some point Tesla will realize the mess they created with this email and will have to decide whether to turn on the maps and traffic for SR/SR+ owners or not.

So far we have not seen a single post from an SR/SR+ owner who has paid the upgrade and seen their maps switch to satellite, so for now I would assume it is not included.

Satmaps are explicitly listed as included with Premium Connectivity, and SR/SR+ are explicitly listed as eligible for Premium Connectivity. No exclusions.

So, I’d trust what they publish as a policy than what happens in the first couple hours after something goes live. Give them time before you jump to a conclusion.

https://www.tesla.com/support/connectivity

Reactions: Waverider317
Not sure if you picked up the car before July 2018. But, premium upgrades are not just premium connectivity but sound etc. and connectivity is typically subscription based. At least I always saw it clearly stated on their website.

Yea picked up April 2018 and I'm grandfathered in. My parents 3 was picked up in Sept 18 and have to pay the fee. The $5k PUP seemed like a great deal at the time with the package they were presenting but now seems like a rip-off as most of it was built in free. It's ok, well versed to the Tesla way and they are changing and updating trims on the fly at times. The SR+ owners are the true winners and get an incredible value and access to the subscription.

I've got a TM3 SR+, so the million dollar question for me is, are additional subscriptions required to listen to TuneIn, Spotify, etc...??? The free streaming subscription has been working great for me, for the past few months, and I received the email this morning, so I should still get another 30 days of free streaming, but after my first drive, Tune-In is now prompting me for logon credentials, which it has never done before.

Has anybody else noticed that Tune-In now requires a sign-in?

If Tune-In and/or Spotify now require a separate paid accounts to access, then Tesla's $9.99/month offering becomes much less desirable.

• Disagree
Reactions: YusufT
There is no hardware limitation preventing an SR/SR+ from displaying satellite maps and traffic.

I think Tesla has some explaining to do for SR/SR+ owners.

explaining??!! We’re less than 6 hours into this. How about patience? It’s clear they intend SR/SR+ models to get satmaps. Their published policy says so.

But it might take - imagine this - a software update to enable. Or, time. Or, it gets enabled in batches overnight.

Any one of those are possible - this is new so it might just take a little while to get everything right.

Go take the car for a drive, relax and enjoy the day. No need for instant gratification here.

I've got a TM3 SR+, so the million dollar question for me is, are additional subscriptions required to listen to TuneIn, Spotify, etc...??? The free streaming subscription has been working great for me, for the past few months, and I received the email this morning, so I should still get another 30 days of free streaming, but after my first drive, Tune-In is now prompting me for logon credentials, which it has never done before.

Has anybody else noticed that Tune-In now requires a sign-in?

If Tune-In and/or Spotify now require a separate paid accounts to access, then Tesla's $9.99/month offering becomes much less desirable.
Wait what? Why would Tesla cover your subscriptions to other services? The $9.99 a month is for you to cover the bandwidth fees for using the services. Streaming Netflix, spotify etc is not cheap and they should not have to front the costs.

Then saying if it doesn’t include premium accounts to services like Spotify which is on it’s own $9.99 a month is absurd. Never met such an entitled user base in my life.

Reactions: SaddleSC and Sherlo