Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty stoked about this powered frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone see clear instructions on the height adjustments?

From, hansshows site.

height adjustment
adjust the tailgate to the appropriate height,press and hold the tailgate button for 5 seconds, and hear a long beep that indicates the height setting is successful.

That sounds more like the trunk?

This is from the Teslaoffer instructions.

Settings
Height Setting
Adjust the liftgate to your desired height. Press and hold the button on the control unit for about 5 seconds, until you hear a beep (Make sure the buzzer is connected).

Speed Setting
When the liftgate is in open state, press and hold the button on the control unit. You will eventually hear two long beeps (speed 2), three long beeps (speed 3), four long beeps (speed 4), up to six long beeps (speed 6). Release the button after you hear the speed you want to set. The slowest speed is speed 2 and the highest speed is speed 6. The factory default is at speed 4.

Thanks that makes sense. For some reason my left strut is higher than right at least that what I think it is as the drivers side hood is 1/4" higher than it used to be and not flush and I can't get it to shut properly works 1 in 3 times.

I think my struts are out of sync if that is the right terminology.

Thanks that makes sense. For some reason my left strut is higher than right at least that what I think it is as the drivers side hood is 1/4" higher than it used to be and not flush and I can't get it to shut properly works 1 in 3 times.

I think my struts are out of sync if that is the right terminology.

I had this on my 3. Try moving the hood up and down manually a few times then set the height and close with the button. It fixed mine.

thanks, its not the front bumbers, I have taken out the struts (several times now) to make sure the bracket's are install correctly in the wheel well (which from every picture, video etc) I can find they appear to be. With that said the hood sits perfectly without the new struts attached and it was perfect before the new struts.

Besides this is not an adjustment to the front of the hood but the back (close to the glass) where the struts attach, that is what is 1/4 higher than the side fenders. (only drivers side, passenger side is spot on)

Hi all, have a qq for those who have installed the power frunk kit (Hansshow vs. TO).

What is your experience with closing the frunk by pressing the child-safety emergency button? I have the Hansshow kit and It's not been so consistent for me.

Hi all, have a qq for those who have installed the power frunk kit (Hansshow vs. TO).

What is your experience with closing the frunk by pressing the child-safety emergency button? I have the Hansshow kit and It's not been so consistent for me.

100% so far with the TO unit. Their instructions specifically say the Frunk button is one of the ways to close the lid.

100% so far with the TO unit. Their instructions specifically say the Frunk button is one of the ways to close the lid.
This may be the straw that'll break the camel's back for the Hansshow kit. I am troubleshooting to see if there's a loose connection or something. Hopefully it's something simple. If not, I'd have to think about swapping it for the TO kit. :(

An answer like you mentioned not being made to do this is not acceptable. Obviously it can be done since the TO unit even shows how to operate it with the button in their video, There is a glitch in the software/hardware that needs to be addressed to fix this or something is broken.

If it worked before, what has caused it to stop working now? It's things like this that can destroy a reputation very quickly. Hopefully they will address it for those who own the Hansshow kit. Let's see if others have the issue, maybe yours just needs to be replaced under warranty.

An answer like you mentioned not being made to do this is not acceptable. Obviously it can be done since the TO unit even shows how to operate it with the button in their video, There is a glitch in the software/hardware that needs to be addressed to fix this or something is broken.

If it worked before, what has caused it to stop working now? It's things like this that can destroy a reputation very quickly. Hopefully they will address it for those who own the Hansshow kit. Let's see if others have the issue, maybe yours just needs to be replaced under warranty.
I re-traced all the wires and they are all good. I unplugged the switch just to see it that'd reset something. I heard a few buzzes and whines of motors. And viola, I can now use the switch to close the frunk again. Hopefully, it stays that way. It does look like a software bug that could be remedied via a flash/firmware upgrade on the controller module.

Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Sure sounds like you rebooted the controller which fixed it. If it happens again, try pulling the fuse and putting it back, If this corrects it then the reboot fixes it. Still something Hansshow needs to figure out why it is freezing in this area or maybe you were just really unlucky and this will never happen again. Time will tell. Still do not like the response that is was not designed to work with this button!

Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Sure sounds like you rebooted the controller which fixed it. If it happens again, try pulling the fuse and putting it back, If this corrects it then the reboot fixes it. Still something Hansshow needs to figure out why it is freezing in this area or maybe you were just really unlucky and this will never happen again. Time will tell. Still do not like the response that is was not designed to work with this button!

Fingers crossed. But you are absolutely right about the response from the support folks. Perhaps something got lost in translation as it seemed like they were using Google Translate to reply in English. The unit came with a 2-year warranty so if it does turn out to be faulty, I get a free replacement anyways so I am not too worried.

I re-traced all the wires and they are all good. I unplugged the switch just to see it that'd reset something. I heard a few buzzes and whines of motors. And viola, I can now use the switch to close the frunk again. Hopefully, it stays that way. It does look like a software bug that could be remedied via a flash/firmware upgrade on the controller module.

I wonder if the connection to the Frunk switch was a bit loose? I always pull on the connectors after I snap them together, and I found the Frunk switch connector hadn’t locked in on mine.

Just a thought, and hopefully yours will keep working now!!

I wonder if the connection to the Frunk switch was a bit loose? I always pull on the connectors after I snap them together, and I found the Frunk switch connector hadn’t locked in on mine.

Just a thought, and hopefully yours will keep working now!!
Connections were all good. Even the switch. Otherwise, the light would not be working. It stopped working again today. I just tried unplug/plugging the switch with no avail. I don't know what's going on. Time to talk their support/sales again and possible talk about a return. This is definitely a deal breaker for me.

Did you try removing and the replacing the fuse to see it it corrects the issue? Will definitely help Hansshop in correcting the issue because that would mean a reboot fixes it and something is causing part of the programming function/s to freeze. Please post back what they say as this is very helpful for other to determine which kit to choose when ordering.

Last edited:
Did you try removing and the replacing the fuse to see it it corrects the issue? Will definitely help Hansshop in correcting the issue because that would mean a reboot fixes it and something is causing part of the programming function/s to freeze. Please post back what they say as this is very helpful for other to determine which kit to choose when ordering.
Yep. Tried pulling the fuse as well. No dice. Waiting to see what they say.