Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing strategy for 2023?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the only advantage would be (hopefully) that in 2024 the refund reduces the before-tax price, which would definitely save you more than $7500. Also it would save on annual vehicle registration fees.
no, registration fees are based on MSRP and a depreciation schedule.
But the PoS Credit will potentially save on Usury Fees (colloquially known as sales tax, which it is not).
It will depend on how the credit is administered.

Is this due to the subsidy being eliminated?

If the US would nuke the EV tax credit... we could get a discount lol.

Reactions: ord3r
Tesla has a huge advantage by having the highest profit margins, the greatest vertical integration, plus the lowest costs of production. Bonus is they have the lowest % of debt of any other volume auto manufacturer.
They can reduce costs further, have great flexibility with pricing, have the best technology, best charging infrastructure, most demand levers, flexibility to control production volumes, etc.
They have enough production headroom to increase production by over 50% next year, and many markets eager to open up in other countries to absorb all this volume.

Think they will do relatively well in 2023.

Tesla has a huge advantage by having the highest profit margins, the greatest vertical integration, plus the lowest costs of production. Bonus is they have the lowest % of debt of any other volume auto manufacturer.
They can reduce costs further, have great flexibility with pricing, have the best technology, best charging infrastructure, most demand levers, flexibility to control production volumes, etc.
They have enough production headroom to increase production by over 50% next year, and many markets eager to open up in other countries to absorb all this volume.

Think they will do relatively well in 2023.
Hmm.. totally off topic. This thread is about pricing strategy for people who are looking to purchase. Your Tesla stock will recover in long term but nothing can be done short term.

Reactions: ord3r
When Tesla first selling in China, prices were very close to US. Now is simply a joke and they are making fool out of us (US Buyers).Noo other companies has these sort of prices discrepancy.
Every successful international company prices their products to the local market. In what world do you live in where this doesn’t happen?

It costs significantly less to manufacture a vehicle in China. Like way less. But there’s a 27.5% import tariff to sell them here.

RWD - $37775, LR AWD 45k
So Model Y LR Price difference between China and US is $21,000?

Sorry to say but after today if you buy Model Y in USA for current price of $66k, I don't know what to tell you. Just crazy!!

Please no one give me any BS about China manufacturing cost vs US.. thats not that much different.

Is this due to the subsidy being eliminated?

If the US would nuke the EV tax credit... we could get a
Every successful international company prices their products to the local market. In what world do you live in where this doesn’t happen?

It costs significantly less to manufacture a vehicle in China. Like way less. But there’s a 27.5% import tariff to sell them here.
It doesnt mean Tesla USA is not making any money by selling for 66k. They are making hell lot out of 66k.

With the demand for 3’s and Y’s finally easing off, I expect Tesla will be able to put more energy and resources into getting their new product lines out; Semi and Cybertruck. If demand for 3’s and Y’s continues to be reduced due to increased price and interest rates, the demand for new products should replace that easily. I don’t think the prices for what is currently offered are likely to drop (the recent brief discount being to try to counter people canceling their orders at years end). Tesla’s costs will not drop. An expanded product line should make for a very profitable year.

"It has begun.."
--Shang Tsung

Tesla is not a luxury car maker... They will reduce margins in order to increase sales. I will not be satisfied until I see all my neighbors have a tesla -- not just that one guy a couple of houses down from me. In order to justify the high stock price of Tsla, this must happen.

Imagine a world that is full of electric cars... cars that safe.. cars that are cheap.. cars that somewhat drives themselves. Wouldn't that be awesome? Lets see if Tesla can further reduce their costs to make even the most poor person be able to drive a tesla. Be so efficient.. so good.. that it forces every other car manufacturer out of business. This would definitely justify TSLA high stock price.. anything less, than TSLA stock deservedly will go down..

Last edited:
Reactions: cusetownusa
75% on this forums are Tesla stock holders or Tesla fan boys who aren't seeing the reality.

Teslas are very good cars and leaders in EV but that still doesn't change the fact that they are overpriced and will have to come down in price. They already reduced prices in Japan, China, South Korea. They aren't doing this out of kindness of their heart. They are forced to adjust based on market conditions. Don't take it personally but US price changes are next and nothing u can do about it.

75% on this forums are Tesla stock holders or Tesla fan boys who aren't seeing the reality.

Teslas are very good cars and leaders in EV but that still doesn't change the fact that they are overpriced and will have to come down in price. They already reduced prices in Japan, China, South Korea. They aren't doing this out of kindness of their heart. They are forced to adjust based on market conditions. Don't take it personally but US price changes are next and nothing u can do about it.
Agreed. And I’m a significant shareholder but also payed attention in microeconomics. Even Elon himself famously said he plans to bring prices back down as the supply chain/costs settle out.

With the demand for 3’s and Y’s finally easing off, I expect Tesla will be able to put more energy and resources into getting their new product lines out; Semi and Cybertruck. If demand for 3’s and Y’s continues to be reduced due to increased price and interest rates, the demand for new products should replace that easily. I don’t think the prices for what is currently offered are likely to drop (the recent brief discount being to try to counter people canceling their orders at years end). Tesla’s costs will not drop. An expanded product line should make for a very profitable year.

Good time to diversify the lineup.

The last 3-4 months you could tell Tesla either overproduced or there was waning demand at latest prices. Back in late 2021 or early 2022 - the 3/Y inventory cars would be snatched up within a minute (literally sold in seconds so you had to use Discord or Twitter to be notified of a car much like how folks do with PS5s) but began to sit for days or a week. Demand was probably propped up due to older orders at lower prices but now those orders have been mostly fullfilled.

Reactions: acpd
Status
Not open for further replies.