Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#9898 just got the configuration e-mail....now I have to figure out what I'm going to do. Don't have a car now and don't plan on needing one for 6 months. Sent a bunch of questions to the Model X team about configuring and changing the configuration later. Most questions are things we would all like to know, so I don't know how much clarity they will be able to provide.

May at have to defer. Configurator is FUN after 18 months. If I have access for a while, I waste a bunch of time over the holidays with a myriad of combos.

It seems like a very small number of reservation holders were invited to config today. Whereas the last batch was somewhere around 4,500, it seems this time maybe only 1,000 or so were invited? I wonder if their staff designated to help people through the ordering process are swamped and they decided to slow down the configuration ramp a little bit.

#9898 just got the configuration e-mail....now I have to figure out what I'm going to do. Don't have a car now and don't plan on needing one for 6 months. Sent a bunch of questions to the Model X team about configuring and changing the configuration later. Most questions are things we would all like to know, so I don't know how much clarity they will be able to provide.

May at have to defer. Configurator is FUN after 18 months. If I have access for a while, I waste a bunch of time over the holidays with a myriad of combos.

Strange, I am #70XX, and didn't get anything. US-based. Seem counter to "Your Model X was reserved on 12/19/2013. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation." unless they mean "loosely based".

Yep, that is correct. I've logged into my.teslamotors.com it says I've reserved on 12/19/2013. I am based in Texas and I know there were some comments from Telsa in the past about prioritizing local (CA) deliveries first.

I will give my local store a call.
People are getting config invitations from all over the country. I'm in NY and got mine on 11/30. I would call Tesla corporate at 650.681.5100. Or try e-mailing [email protected] and/or [email protected].

Good luck! Hope you get access soon!

People are getting config invitations from all over the country. I'm in NY and got mine on 11/30. I would call Tesla corporate at 650.681.5100. Or try e-mailing [email protected] and/or [email protected].

Good luck! Hope you get access soon!

Thanks for the information. I called the local store and they said it was weird/unusual and have put in a request to corporate to take a look. I also mentioned I didn't get Christmas cards so the theory is I must have pissed off Elon somehow ;) I'll give it a few weeks because I'm not in a hurry since I would like to see one in person and I'de likely order a low end model which would push out delivery anyway.

They did hook me up with an overnight test drive w/ Model S (dual motor-not sure which one yet), which is awesome.

Extraordinarily nice Tesla rep called me back about my Model X config questions - business leasing, delaying configuration/delivery. She didn't have a ton of specifics, but was polite and encouraged me to take my time configuring - wait until I could see one in the showroom in January/February. Tesla's communication in general may be lacking, but every individual I've talked to on the phone or at the stores has been great.

I'm waiting until the X's hit the showrooms before I configure (wouldn't want to take delivery before June anyway).

You will all be shocked there is no business leasing available in Michigan - not sure I will even get a license plate. :tongue:

Finally pulled the trigger... My wife says now I don't have a leg to stand on for a long time... but I thought that's what marriage was anyways!

Anyways, I'm pretty set with my config, will sit on it a couple days, and then hit confirm or just let it auto-confirm...

P90D
Obsidian Black Metallic
20 inch silver wheels
6 seater
Black leather seats
Black headliner
Matte Obeche Wood
Premium package
Autopilot
Ultra high fidelity sound system
Subzero
72amp charger
Accessory hitch

Extremely excited to enjoy this vehicle for a very long time!

Congrats! Sweep the leg! (That's Cobra Kai for "confirm")

Nice configuration. Excited for and impressed with all of you that are confirming before seeing one.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy... never gets old!

Chomping at the bit for the last couple of years, and I couldn't bear waiting longer! Without having any clues on to how and when ramp up will begin, I'm expecting a March/April delivery. I guess there is a chance it could come sooner than that, but nothing gives me the sense that this is the case right now.

Quick question, I know they will build X's in batches based on certain configs (with the P90D taking priority over everything else), will the order date or confirmation date have any effect on place in line for production?

I had the same question. First in my list a few posts ago. Inside sales told me that reservation number only controls when you get access to the Design Studio. Confirmation is your order of production. So, there are many people that will be ahead of me in the production line (because I still have questions) even though Tesla has had my money for longer (in some cases, much longer).

I would understand that if the lines were running creating batches of my model. But before that? Irks me.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy... never gets old!

Chomping at the bit for the last couple of years, and I couldn't bear waiting longer! Without having any clues on to how and when ramp up will begin, I'm expecting a March/April delivery. I guess there is a chance it could come sooner than that, but nothing gives me the sense that this is the case right now.

Quick question, I know they will build X's in batches based on certain configs (with the P90D taking priority over everything else), will the order date or confirmation date have any effect on place in line for production?

I had the same question. First in my list a few posts ago. Inside sales told me that reservation number only controls when you get access to the Design Studio. Confirmation is your order of production. So, there are many people that will be ahead of me in the production line (because I still have questions) even though Tesla has had my money for longer (in some cases, much longer).

I would understand that if the lines were running creating batches of my model. But before that? Irks me.

How is Tesla going to build your car if you don't order and confirm it? Confirmation date seems to be the only logical criteria for priority after batching by model/options.