Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Resistance is futile. And that's coming from the ohm man.

I like what you did there. Resistance is futile indeed! Approached zero in your case ...zero would have been ludicrous :wink:
Congrats on your order!

Took me right back to basic electronics class when the Prof. drew a picture of a "voltsvagon pulling a mobile Ohm" Sorry, don't know how to draw here.

resistance-is-futile.jpg

Nah. I want to drive it. I want to see the build quality improve.
We have decided that we are fine with either a Q4/16 or even a 2017 delivery. Kind of a waste on the reservation money, but I'll be happy to have all of you guys beta test this product and hopefully Tesla will work out the kinks.

Oh, you reasonable people..

I'd come to terms with some of the cargo issues, but was hung up almost exclusively on the doors. That is, until a trusted forum participant and (former) FW door skeptic told me privately that they were awesome. What can I say? :wink:

Driving it is a low priority for me. I feel pretty confident the drive will be similar to my MS. I do plan to be picky at delivery regarding build quality, if necessary.

Wait, Q4/16? I'm pretty sure that's when my XP90 will arrive. :biggrin:

Oh, you reasonable people..

I'd come to terms with some of the cargo issues, but was hung up almost exclusively on the doors. That is, until a trusted forum participant and (former) FW door skeptic told me privately that they were awesome. What can I say? :wink:

Driving it is a low priority for me. I feel pretty confident the drive will be similar to my MS. I do plan to be picky at delivery regarding build quality, if necessary.

Wait, Q4/16? I'm pretty sure that's when my XP90 will arrive. :biggrin:
A production P90D will likely arrive in Q2. And the doors (when they work) appear awesome indeed. Driving it is for my wife - she hates the idea of glas above her head and wants to experience that before clicking buy. For me this is a wonderful excuse to wait as my personal feelings have flipped from "how soon can I get one" to "once they know how to actually make one, I'll entertain the idea".

Nah. I want to drive it. I want to see the build quality improve.
We have decided that we are fine with either a Q4/16 or even a 2017 delivery. Kind of a waste on the reservation money, but I'll be happy to have all of you guys beta test this product and hopefully Tesla will work out the kinks.

This makes way too much sense. If only I had such patience.....

but it the way I am justifying it is as follows: if j get an early X that needs to go back to the SC to have some of these early adopter issues fixed, they will be giving me a loaner S, right? That still means I don't have to go to the gas pump any more.....

PS I wouldn't say it's a waste of reservation money. It was just a very early down payment that bought you the option to order whenever you like! :)

Well I locked in. Most expensive car I Have ever purchased. Never waited four years for anything. Only took a year with my first love to lose my ?? I digress. I bit the bullet and got a P90D. I am not willing to see what 2nd half of 2016 means , have Lexus 450h lease coming up and do not want to have a 6 month solution to pay for. Here she is and I can't wait to drive her and am confident will still be the cool granddad 15 years from now.

Go Bears

Blue with tan leather
Black headliner- might have gotten the tan if I had seen it but close to the seat tan would not be good
Ash wood
Winter and tow - got to get to Tahoe for skiing and boating
Air suspension
Luxury package- on a la cart would not have bought all but need most and the others are ok
20 inch wheels - for towing and snow tires. Might paint black or grey
Auto pilot- The future!!!
7 seat
72 amp charger

image.tiff
Go Bears! Beat Stanfurd.

(If they only offered gold wheels...)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! I will be in the next wave to configure and I agree with you that the option that is giving me the most trouble is the premium package. self opening doors is nice but won't be used very much, except to show off to people. The air filter is my quandary in this giant premium bundle. I'm not a pessimistic person, but I am extremely skeptical that this air filter will be drastically different than any luxury vehicle that touts a premium air filter (I had a Infiniti G37 with some special filter and whenever some old car or cigarette smoker was in front of me it was like they were in the car with me... basically a typical auto air filter) I know I will be pissed if I decide to get premium and I get some of the same old smells that this filter promises to block!

Anyone drive by the cattle pens along I5 with the air filter? Would love to know if it is able to eliminate the odor completely.

A production P90D will likely arrive in Q2.
Sorry, the ghost of 'what if' must have been speaking. I ordered an X90D, not an XP90D.

For me this is a wonderful excuse to wait as my personal feelings have flipped from "how soon can I get one" to "once they know how to actually make one, I'll entertain the idea".

You are very fortunate to have only experienced that mental flip once. I've been back and forth since the delivery event. At least it's out of my control now.

Congrats ohmman!
VINs assigned, 4xx both despite only confirming 1/04. Unexpected but excellent!

Hi Everybody - longtime follower - first post! Thanks to everybody for your insights, knowledge and humor!!

I have a question - does this imply that < 5% of orders are for Performance vehicles? I guess I'm asking if VIN #s are pretty much sequential, since tonyx had sequence #s in the 11-12,000 range but got a VIN in the 400s.

I have confirmed a non performance 90D with original sequence # in low 2000s, confirmed 12/7/15. I'm secretly hoping this is true as this would imply they will get to the 90Ds faster, but such a low % of P90s seems too low to me...

Thx!!!

Hi Everybody - longtime follower - first post! Thanks to everybody for your insights, knowledge and humor!!

I have a question - does this imply that < 5% of orders are for Performance vehicles? I guess I'm asking if VIN #s are pretty much sequential, since tonyx had sequence #s in the 11-12,000 range but got a VIN in the 400s.

I have confirmed a non performance 90D with original sequence # in low 2000s, confirmed 12/7/15. I'm secretly hoping this is true as this would imply they will get to the 90Ds faster, but such a low % of P90s seems too low to me...

Thx!!!
No VIN's are not sequential. There are more P's than that being ordered.

Sorry, the ghost of 'what if' must have been speaking. I ordered an X90D, not an XP90D.
I'd still say you'll get it in Q2 - by Q2 they should be making > 700 a week, so they'll make about 9000 cars in Q2 which almost certainly means they made all the P90D and start working through the 90Ds. With a 70D you're more likely in Q3.
As for flipping... well, I have my wife as a calming influence. It's her car after all :) And she's an economist by training...

Just saw this listing on eBay for a brand new signature Model X. No affiliation with the seller.
Interesting way to sell a car ...

If you are trying to decide between an S or an X, I recommend not buying this X and getting the S instead. If you really want an SUV and 7 seats, feel welcome to buy this car.
I wanted to try the X as soon as it was available and invite friends and coworkers to check it out as well. That has been accomplished. Now it's ready for someone else to own.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Model...a9bd809d:g:8vcAAOSwYIhWkTZM&item=131696787613

s-l1600.jpg

You're talking about the fact that they'd buy the S over the X? Any reason why?
Yes, they prefer the S over the X or wish they had bought an S instead of the X. When asked only one was contemplating selling the X (and since that person isn't in TX I don't think that's the one quoted above).
Reasons I have heard so far: dissatisfaction with ratio of external size to internal usable space, dissatisfaction with fit and finish and the long list of problems (one of the owners took possession on 12/30 and has had their Model X for a total of two days since then - the rest of the time his car had been hanging out at the SC), the one who is thinking of selling mentioned all of the above and absolutely hates the wind shield. Finds it impossible to deal with when driving towards a low sun in the morning / evening.

Oh, and of course I should mention (lest I be accused of being "too negative") that I have spoken to more than three Model X signature owners who absolutely love the car and find it far superior to the Model S, have no problems whatsoever and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Haha. Love the disclaimer. I saw the thread where you had been called out for being too negative.

Thank you for that info, I really wanted to know the pros and cons of the vehicle. We have several threads on why the car is awesome, like you said, and those are very useful. And so is knowing where it fails. A fair review also keeps dissatisfaction low, since buyers know what they are getting.

Anyway, I digress. The advantages of the X far outweigh the disadvantages you mentioned of hearing, and I eagerly await it's arrival. :)