Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Small point of correction here. This rub spot is not the "frame." The frame of these vehicles is aluminum and is under the floor. This is the steel skin of the uniside and it is fixable, but a proper paint repair would need the fender and door removed for access. Touch up paint probably wont prevent long term rust issues, so push the issue until they fix it right.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Wow - just checked mine and sure enough, panels touching and saw some of what some of you are seeing (VN 117xxx). I was actually able to wipe most of it off with a q-tip where I could reach it (weird), seems like it is on top of the clear coat. I scheduled a service appt to have them look at it. I am not going to try to pull that corner of the fender panel away, they can do that.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
E4002B8B-3D76-48EB-BBF8-8786E192AB52.jpeg
BBD56C31-AD00-4194-8C7E-E688A0B41E7A.jpeg
Before & after some still there where I couldn’t reach

Now there's some talk accusing him of not mentioning that he's been in a couple of fender-benders which is surely why this is happening. However, I have not had any body work done and have not had any car to car encounters with my car and I have the exact problem in in the exact same place. Several other people said the same on this video which now has had the comments taken down by Matt. Here's a pic of my problem:

So you have the same issue in the same place, yet his can only be due to an accident? See the irony here?

I have an early build 0068xx and while my driver's side fender is not touching, it's much closer than the passenger side. I have less than 1/16" on the driver side and almost 1/8" on passenger. I was able to pull on the fender panel and wiggle it quite a bit.