Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 earnings report: 35 million miles driven on FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally have an answer!
Looks like slope was 5 million miles per month when there were 60k users? So average use is about 3 miles a day.
1658350540249.png

Last edited:
Finally have an answer!
Looks like slope was 5 million miles per quarter when there were 60k users? So average use is about 1 mile a day.
View attachment 830725

Probably not surprising when you have 100k cars driving around. The more cars, the more miles. And adding more and more cars to FSD Beta will cause exponential rise in number of total miles.

I’ve been using it less and less. Their graph makes it look like the mileage is consistent. I would expect a drop off once the novelty wears off.
For many that is probably true but I find I enable FSD for just about every drive now that I understand how FSD works. Even FSD screwups have become very predictable. It's the first time surprises that worry me the most since you just never know when they will happen.

For many that is probably true but I find I enable FSD for just about every drive now that I understand how FSD works. Even FSD screwups have become very predictable. It's the first time surprises that worry me the most since you just never know when they will happen.

My usage tapers off the longer I'm on a given release. In the later days, I also tend to use it for convenience more so than for seeking out problems to submit. I guess that means that like you, FSDb is already useful to some degree, mainly due to my adaptations to the imperfect system.

Reactions: momo3605
Not surprising. Typical drive for most is to/from work or short trip to store/restaurant. I suspect many do not use beta because they are in a hurry, don't trust it, don't want to deal with it, not reliable enough, etc. For them, beta might be used sporadically and/or on more relaxed occasions.

Much of typical work commute may also be on interstate-like roads, where beta is not used.

How about disengage rate?

It's probably once per 3 miles.
In the city for me it is more like about once a mile but MUCH less in the burbs. Also I would love to know the "Son of a bitc🤬 Beta you stupid god dam🤬 piece of shi🤬, what the fuc🤬 are you thinking" rate. Too bad we don't have audio recordings.🤣

Last edited:
Agreed. I still have lots of disengagements, but the bulk are now from me preemptively disengaging before the maneuvers I know it's going to botch. In fact, since two of those perma-botches are at the departure and arrival to my house, I am unlikely to have a disengagement free drive :-(

[Leaving my house is a non-striped uphill road. FSD starts flailing the wheel back and forth then dives for the curb. Arriving at my house is a cul-de-sac. It turns onto it then immediately guns it; so, I just disengage it before the turn.]

I only use mine to get the speed correct on the many roads around here (rural) that are wrong. I disengage at every turn to both avoid the impatience of those around me as it waits until it can’t see anything (kind of like Mr. Magoo - my new name for the car), and also to save damage to the spastic steering maneuvers.