Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the tow bar stowed, and have you taken the panel off to see electric hookup for it? Just something I hadn't seen anyone mention. Looks amazing collecting exactly the same colour on Saturday
The tow bar is in a nice foam lined bag in the boot. The panel is a pain to remove, i used 2 plastic bicycle tyre levers to get it off so as not to scratch the bumper, too many clips holding it on.
the tow bar its self is very easy to attach and remove, cost me £1090 for the privilege mind.
F2D912AE-B33F-4304-8703-193AA458E225.jpeg
E73F6935-B80B-417E-9F94-1658EDB601AA.jpeg
54C44E88-2BD4-47BA-ADC3-A4D8B1E80004.jpeg

So today was the day, went to Bluewater for a 9am collection. A couple of small issues with a bubble in the PPF and the driver's side front light is sticking out a little bit. Going to book a service call for them. There was also some glue on the back window surround, so they took the car to the cleaning bay to remove it. I am going to do a full check once it stops raining.

IMG_0795.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg

Plenty of cars there waiting to be collected with more coming all the time. They said it was a quiet day today as they only had 10 collections booked!

IMG_0798.jpeg

IMG_0797.jpeg

IMG_0796.jpeg

MattM76, What are the jack plug things of which you speak?
Picking up my red MYLR on 20th. I have only ordered a rear boot liner so I can carry manure to my allotment :cool:.
Wondering about mudflaps - worthwhile?
Also I notice that locking wheel nuts are sold as an accessory - surely a car this costly has locking wheel nuts as standard?
I asked an SA several months back about this, and they said the cars don't come with locking wheel nuts. Which seems ridiculous. I'm going to wait until delivery before buying them, in case I was mis-informed. Perhaps someone who's just taken delivery could confirm one way or the other?

Oops posted my collection experience in another thread.

Bristol. 47% charge. Awesome help from Toby. First there this morning and car was well presented, couldn’t help being wet.

Blue charging cable. Boot seal. Parcel shelf. PPF. Mudflaps. Haven’t checked for the extra airbag.

Ride quality seems better than the tester. Generally loving how it drives, obviously excellent performance, but also great stability on the motorway and a quick steering response around town - I’ve been on comfort steering so far.
CEAD55E6-161B-457F-BD2E-26ED27991B47.jpeg
319EDAA3-1D6A-481C-A7D7-BD3CDE631493.jpeg
48B56DB1-981F-46ED-B5F0-6405A29C3927.jpeg
A588C589-3DC1-44E8-8433-45F873CDECE0.jpeg

I asked an SA several months back about this, and they said the cars don't come with locking wheel nuts. Which seems ridiculous. I'm going to wait until delivery before buying them, in case I was mis-informed. Perhaps someone who's just taken delivery could confirm one way or the other?
I previously had a Model S which I had to buy locking wheel nuts for. Was wondering if people are buying locking wheel nuts for their MYs?

Is the Staines Tesla pickup easy to find? How's the collection experience? I am picking my MYLR on the 29th.
Yeah - sat nav took us straight there. In terms of 'the experience', I felt it was very peaceful. No fanfare or pampering, just a 5 minute check of details and then off to find the car. The guy was very nice and offered to show me around the car if I would like, but I declined, took some photos and drove off - (I dropped his umbrella back first). Very casual, just how I like it.

The tow bar is in a nice foam lined bag in the boot. The panel is a pain to remove, i used 2 plastic bicycle tyre levers to get it off so as not to scratch the bumper, too many clips holding it on.
the tow bar its self is very easy to attach and remove, cost me £1090 for the privilege mind.View attachment 850250View attachment 850251View attachment 850252
I considered to have one fitted on order but wasn’t sure if it would delay the EDD during those “dark days” and perhaps will go for it in due course for carrying bike.

Just noticed, Tesla shop now has a decent looking MY bike carrier for £500 however only for 2 bikes…

the tow bar its self is very easy to attach and remove, cost me £1090 for the privilege mind.View attachment 850250View attachment 850251View attachment 850252

That's superb thank you for the info and pictures plus the tip of tyre levers I'll make sure some are included in my car tool kit now

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I was about to put "interesting..", but, this really really isn't interesting in the slightest. I got given a black charger, the guy from Southampton said it was "new feedback" they'd received.. feel like I'm missing out on that bright blue type 2 cable club!

Interesting! Localised feedback response and supply - I guess I am in the bright club…

👍 for the heads up

I was about to put "interesting..", but, this really really isn't interesting in the slightest. I got given a black charger, the guy from Southampton said it was "new feedback" they'd received.. feel like I'm missing out on that bright blue type 2 cable club!
I doubt it has anything to do with feedback they receive about a Type 2 cable, they don't take feedback on anything serious never mind a cable!