Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Navigated to birchanger but not specifically set via the charging screen so maybe no preconditioned.

Even with the SuC set as the destination it doesn’t mean the battery will be at optimum temperature for max charge rate. It’s not a particularly powerful heater and even though the ambient termperature is reasonable it takes a fair bit of driving to heat the battery pack.

Reactions: LEE3
Navigated to birchanger but not specifically set via the charging screen so maybe no preconditioned.

I think you should have got way more than 35kW (provided you were at low SOC) - preconditioning-or-not. Might have been that stall was faulty, I've had that a couple of times, so worth moving to another stall. I no longer do "plug-in, walk-away" but rather "Plug-in, check kWs ramp up :), walk-away". On some sites the A/B stall positions are not obvious and I have plugged in, seen the kW, scratched my head and THEN realised that I was actually paired. Younger drivers won't have this problem ... :)

I don't know the Supercharging-curve for the various Model-3s, but recommend that you record kW at e.g. 10%, 20%, ... so you know what is "good" and then will know on the rare occasion when something is not optimum.

Reactions: Roy W. and m3gt2
The boot seal on my M3 lifts in the middle. Is this normal?

boot-seal.jpg

It doesn't want to be pushed down any and is unlikely to cause any problems but am off to Dublin SC later this week and would be very grateful to see another M3 boot seal fitted differently, if indeed they are fitted differently.

That's probably it, I'm thinking that's why I got capped low on the InstaVolt. I'm going to try fibbing to the car and tell it I'm going to go to fleet services to get it to precondition then go to the InstaVolt instead, see what happens...

*Edit* sorry, didn't read properly! When I asked the car to navigator to Fleet Supercharger, I got a little "toast" notification saying it was preconditioning for supercharging. I just set the destination from the main map.

Reactions: LEE3
Anyone manage to get AP to automatically adjust to changes in speed limit? Speed limit sign on the screen shows the correct limit but the car just continues on at whatever speed it is set to.
will it then change automatically if the limit changes?

Not sure about latest AP in Model-3, but it seems to depend on speed. At 70 mr car does not change speed for speed limits (dashboard shows the limit change, I can press button to change to that speed), but it does change on TACC for 30 / 40 etc. e.g. if I come into a 40 from a 60. The reason that I am a bit vague is that I don't drive on TACC in the local A-roads / villages, so I'm not sure exactly what circumstances causes it to change - my assumption was that 70 MPH dual carriageway it ignores speed limits, whereas at/below national speed limit it changes for them. Certainly on my local "demo for mates" run car changes speed as I go into the 40, and back up again as I come out of it.

which has me a bit worried given some of the 70->50+Speed Camera areas we have around here.

AP2 doesn't read speed limits, so will only tell you about fixed ones from its GPS database, which is sometime wrong by 100M or more

not exactly cutting edge is it!

Do other cars in this price bracket have this then? (IDK)