Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X Matrix Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my Model X Plaid on June 18th and I have matrix headlights on my car. See pictures attached. I believe they are shipping out the cars now.

View attachment 951301
Curious what your build date was and, if you don't mind sharing, the first 3 digits of the last 6 of your VIN. I bet a lot of people waiting for delivery will find the info very helpful! I am waiting for one too with delivery scheduled in a couple of days.

Curious what your build date was and, if you don't mind sharing, the first 3 digits of the last 6 of your VIN. I bet a lot of people waiting for delivery will find the info very helpful! I am waiting for one too with delivery scheduled in a couple of days.
Hi Leek4u,

My VIN is 7SA…405631. Hope this helps!

I also bought my car from the inventory to take advantage of the 5k discount Tesla is offering right now. Car had just popped up in inventory so I assumed it just rolled off the line.

Hi Leek4u,

My VIN is 7SA…405631. Hope this helps!

I also bought my car from the inventory to take advantage of the 5k discount Tesla is offering right now. Car had just popped up in inventory so I assumed it just rolled off the line.
Thank you! Mine (also MXP) is about a thousand VINs below yours but was assigned June 12th. We will see in a couple of days I guess.

Also no $5k discount since it is was an order.

Picked up my Model X Plaid on Monday 6/26. Build date is 6/15, came with Matrix Headlights:

1688012128884.png

Reactions: NJturtlePower
So far I’m guessing only the MX plaids are getting the matrix headlights rn
Picked up mine today (MXP) with build date of 6/12. No matrix unfortunately so it seems the switch was 6/13-6/15! On the other hand the car was pretty much flawless - haven’t been able to find anything so far, so very happy about that considering it is replacing a 2023 MX that was bought back by Tesla. Also delivery was great, car even waxed and spotless, much better experience than what I have had with BMW/Mercedes etc. dealerships.

Even though no matrix, not sure I will miss them. Have had two BMWs recently and have lived with their equivalent of matrix - you can code what matrix headlights can do on BMWs but not in Teslas since software has no functionality for them - and even though it is a good feature, it is not something I would reject a car for (or even upgrade if they become available to retrofit).

Picked up mine today (MXP) with build date of 6/12. No matrix unfortunately so it seems the switch was 6/13-6/15! On the other hand the car was pretty much flawless - haven’t been able to find anything so far, so very happy about that considering it is replacing a 2023 MX that was bought back by Tesla. Also delivery was great, car even waxed and spotless, much better experience than what I have had with BMW/Mercedes etc. dealerships.

Even though no matrix, not sure I will miss them. Have had two BMWs recently and have lived with their equivalent of matrix - you can code what matrix headlights can do on BMWs but not in Teslas since software has no functionality for them - and even though it is a good feature, it is not something I would reject a car for (or even upgrade if they become available to retrofit).
I've seen similar reports on the "cutover" build date for the switch to the Matrix lights...it seems to be the case at this point.

BTW, would you mind to post a picture of your headlights? I'd love to see an up-close shot in the same angle as what I posted above... just for comparison's sake. I have a '22 Model Y Performance with Matrix headlights and they don't look anything like what I have in my MXP so I'm now curious as to what all Tesla has used in each model.

I've seen similar reports on the "cutover" build date for the switch to the Matrix lights...it seems to be the case at this point.

BTW, would you mind to post a picture of your headlights? I'd love to see an up-close shot in the same angle as what I posted above... just for comparison's sake. I have a '22 Model Y Performance with Matrix headlights and they don't look anything like what I have in my MXP so I'm now curious as to what all Tesla has used in each model.
Sure!

Attachments

• IMG_5570.png
    IMG_5570.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_5569.png
    IMG_5569.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 257
Reactions: EightBitWhit