Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What you point out is true. I can drive a Model S and have it display in Fahrenheit. On the other hand you cannot drive a Model S and have it display in Celsius. So what's your point?

One thing you neglect to consider is that I may be in Mexico or Canada in which case I might be driving a Model S which is set to display in Celsius. What a cannot do is go to Australia and do that. Do you see the problem now!
My S, 3 and X all show in Celsius…wow….stupid I feel you are…

Reactions: paulp
For anyone lamenting the loss of the Model X or wanting an EV replacement, here is a car review from the head of the AMG EQ project (so its a bit dry but informative) showing the AMG EQE SUV. It is the AMG features only so you need to see a different video to understand the base SUV. If you are into track work this has a prolific amount of data availability. At the end he outlines RHD versions will be delivered toward the end of this year. The SUV version of the EQE is not yet available to test drive.

My wife has her name on one….

"WHEREAS the people of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, and Tasmania, humbly relying on the blessing of Almighty God, have agreed to unite in one indissoluble Federal Commonwealth under the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and under the Constitution hereby established:" - from the preamble of the Australian Constitution - don't get much more British than that.

So you have British style government, you speak with a British accent, and you do British things. Driving on the left side of the road is a British thing. Another British thing is the rabid anti Americanism that Americans are subject to from Australians. Like whining about Tesla when they fail to supply you with the models that you somehow believe that you are entitled to.

So, if it quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck ...
Actually not anti-american or anti-north american or anti-usa; just anti Troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the few markets getting the LHD in a RHD market (UK) have been treated to this little gem of Tesla 'thinking' and engineering with their recent deliveries

werr.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: moa999
Just a reminder that in the Internet people don’t always know when you’re joking. That’s why they invented emojis.
Given that I have had to shutdown this thread in the past I ask that everyone makes an effort to be civil and prevent misunderstanding.
On the assumption that this was in jest I have added an emoji.

Reactions: Hairyman
Even if it does become an avenue to restore RHD models, it will be years away. I am doing some work now getting new technology into the auto industry and I am staggered at how long it takes to go from idea to production reality. Compliance (read safety) testing plays a big part and for something like this it will be years.

• Informative
Reactions: paulp
Is there any hope that the latest Drive-by-wire patent by Tesla an avenue to restoring RHD Models S/X in the near future? Or is it still not worth their while...

So just to be clear, your steering inputs would be sent to the wheels via a reliable and never buggy piece of tesla software. Sounds fun. Does the patent include a trademark for “phantom steering”?