Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had gotten one previous Tesla text from that number. It was back in October (Oct 11), which I think was when they started to push 6-seater configs, and it said
“Hi, this is Gabby from Tesla! I'm reaching out regarding your Model X Order, please give me a call at 510-946-6168 at your earliest availability. Thank you!”

Anyway I was excited at that time, called and left a message, and never got a call back. Then I was reading on the forum and was like oh well I need seven seater anyway so no biggie.
I also got a text this weekend about the car leaving the factory. It was attached to a chain of prior texts from people I never met. I happened to respond with a question. A day or so later, I got a response with someone identifying himself on the text. He then called me to schedule delivery.

I suspect the text messages are internally accessible to multiple people across the company and anyone logged into some system can see and respond to them.

Super shocked, my EDD just went from Nov-Jan 2023 to having an assigned VIN!

VIN: 7SAXCDE53NF344XXX

Ordered 7/24/21
White/White, 5 seater, no FSD, 22" wheels.
Congrats. I got Vinned on Saturday with a 344XXX! Looks like there’s a 5 seater batch coming to Colorado. I pick up on June 8. I do have 6 months wait on you, though. ODD 1/29/21

I used it for a while, but all it does is prompt you to press on the brake rather than swipe the screen... it doesn't really save a step and made the whole process more cumbersome for me. I turned it off.
You press on the brake when you switch the gear anyway. Now with it activated all you do is hit the gas if it’s correct. Like press brake BOm, Hit gas drive off.

as long as it’s prediction is correct it’s the least amount of fumbling. Remember we had to press the brake then grab the gear shift and then visually hunt for putting it in the correct D or 1st before. This is way simpler.

I actually have gotten a text response to my request for a date of mfr and a history on my VIN of only 3409xx.

They claim to not understand what date I am referring to, go figure.

They assure me it is not a previously rejected car. They claim it was shipped to a wrong destination and took time to be redirected to my area. Not sure how much I believe this.

I have since asked for them to confirm if it has the tilt screen.

Maybe not the most helpful, or even truthful, but I will give them this. They replied to my text within a hour and even called and left me a voicemail.

Reactions: BonB and SubtractEm
I respectfully completely disagree. I do not think Tesla has any interest other than accelerating the transition to sustainable energy, and “trying to mislead customers” flies directly in the face of that goal.

I think it must be a mammoth challenge to give reasonable predictions of delivery schedules in today’s environment. This is the most massive complex device most people purchase in their lives. Even with Tesla producing a large proportion of their parts in house, even then they are dependent on raw material suppliers.

It doesn't fly in the face of that goal at all. By misleading people into thinking they can get an EV sooner than the reality of the situation they are trying to get people to order an EV instead of getting a new ICE and then stringing them along by delaying the delivery date a few months at a time.

I know predicting all the supply constraints and other realities of automotive production are complicated, but that doesn't account for Tesla's behavior. If it was that unpredictable they should know it and not be giving out date ranges for estimated deliveries (they didn't really start model X refresh production until 9 months after they said they would, and that is a design\planning issue, not a supply issue). When they have a backlog of over a years worth of orders and they are giving new orders the same delivery timeframe as those year old orders, they are 100% lying to someone. Most likely lying to themselves as well.

HI tribe,
In one of the texts explaining the reason for EDD shift by months for me, the SA said that changing from 22" inch wheels to 20" inch wheels might be reason !!!! That did not make sense to me. Are all of you getting 22" inch wheels? I did not think that was the case and it is not like 20" is some sort of a rare option..

Have there been any 6 seater LR deliveries lately? Hitting my orderversary this week and it still feels hopeless. Been seeing mostly 5/7 seaters getting VINs now after the initial 6 barrage.

I always figured it would be about a year, but now that I’m here, it still doesn’t feel like it’s even close with people still waiting from 18 months ago and VINs barely trickling in.

June 5/Northern CA/LR/Red/Black/20/FSD

Reactions: Denglehenjiule
I would definitely not be okay with that worm in the steering wheel, it would bother me every time I drive. Surely they must have a way to fix it as a lot of deliveries after the airbag fix do not have it.
Look at your right hand on top. See anything similar? To me the worm feels pretty human, to the point that I'm totally fine with it.

Last edited:
I don't need that knob. Heel of the hand twirls the yoke nicely already.
I can understand why you’d think that and I guess it’s something you’ll need to experience to realize how big of a difference this makes.
To me it feels a lot more solid and frankly safer since just the heel of your palm could easily slide off and in a somewhat stressful or emergency situation it could be very dangerous.
That being said…I’m not promoting this item and just giving my own personal opinion.

Ordered my MXLR on 4/14/21. Ordered a MSLR on 2/14/22. Decided to take whichever vehicle was delivered first. This weekend I was lucky and found a 2022 MSLR with 119 miles on the odometer delivered to the purchaser on 5/1/22. It was built in 4/22. Beautiful car with same specs I had ordered. Owner said the car was not to his liking and was asking his purchase price, which was almost the same as the price of the MSLR I ordered a few months ago. So, I drove 65 miles and bought the slightly used MSLR and love it. I cancelled my MSLR order, but am holding onto my MXLR order for now while making sure the MS is the right car for me. Definitely on the horns of a dilemma here. EDD on the MX remains July 20 -August 31.

So, "Sam" has still been very responsive by text today. He/she/they said my VIN #3409 was built on April 20, but claims I will still have the tilt screen. I know we have thought 4/22 was the cutoff, but maybe I am still good. I would really like it, but have waited too long to reject over that one feature if it really is not there.

Reactions: BonB
People won't like when I say this, but... both tilt screen AND matrix lights are dramatically overrated. It's funny how often people in this forum obsess about them.

I have tilt in my X and it's close to useless IMO. You can only choose from 3 pre-defined positions (not toggle as you see fit... maybe this will change with future SW). And I HAD matrix lights in my Y. They created more fuss than they were worth due to the brightness. Think early days of xenon lights when everyone would flash you b/c they thought you had on brights. That happens with matrix lights. And my level of confidence in terms of WHEN they will be enabled and IF they will work is low.

Anyway, point is, stop losing sleep over these two features. Neither are game-changers.

People won't like when I say this, but... both tilt screen AND matrix lights are dramatically overrated. It's funny how often people in this forum obsess about them.

I have tilt in my X and it's close to useless IMO. You can only choose from 3 pre-defined positions (not toggle as you see fit... maybe this will change with future SW). And I HAD matrix lights in my Y. They created more fuss than they were worth due to the brightness. Think early days of xenon lights when everyone would flash you b/c they thought you had on brights. That happens with matrix lights. And my level of confidence in terms of WHEN they will be enabled and IF they will work is low.

Anyway, point is, stop losing sleep over these two features. Neither are game-changers.
I feel like the little kid shopping for the surprise in the cereal box. Very overrated.

Reactions: BonB