Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One year ago today I ordered my MXLR black/cream/20/5 seater. I later added FSD. Today I remain a member of the July 2022 club. Happy Orderversary to me.
It took 474 days from my 2020 Dec order to delivery 3/31/2022.
But I'm one of the lucky ones. No panel or gaps issues, clean delivery and helpful delivery team. Fingers remain crossed.

Shooting new video tomorrow about my 5 seater LR.

I always pay for my car before I even see it. The idea you’ll have more leverage if you wait to pay is bogus. They won’t go “oh well you already paid, you can’t refuse it now”
Just not how it works.
Sure. If you completely change your mind then waiting for a refund check is going to be a while… but I should hope most of us have made up our mind if we are buying the car by now… 1+ years waiting.

Ok who crashed their new Model X into the Highland Park Tesla storefront?

Everyone please don't confuse your pedals. Instant torque isn't a joke.

Btw, I had a great experience with service. Hopefully things keep the same or improve but I've not had one bad service experience in 5.5 years now with my S. Hoping that continues.

It was way better before 2018 but it's still good here. Color AP cameras are cool.

My favorite classic car MG convertible dark green with tan leather interior and spoke wheels. I am getting Tesla cream interior
The cream - It’s really more white to me. No way near the Classic Mercedes creams/ beiges or the cream on my 2018 X. I like it on my 2021+ XLR field model X. I like the wood too. I like the red multi coat with the cream. The white is too glarey for me. The black carpets and trim look ok. So many other features being discovered every week. This is my favorite computer!

I always pay for my car before I even see it. The idea you’ll have more leverage if you wait to pay is bogus. They won’t go “oh well you already paid, you can’t refuse it now”
Just not how it works.
Sure. If you completely change your mind then waiting for a refund check is going to be a while… but I should hope most of us have made up our mind if we are buying the car by now… 1+ years waiting.
What about people who finance? Once they push that button, the payments start. If they reject the car or Tesla has to work on it for days or weeks, they are paying for a car they don't own or can't drive.

And even if you are paying cash, why pay for something before the company delivers it? Do you prepay at stores and restaurants too?

The idea you’ll have more leverage if you wait to pay is bogus … I should hope most of us have made up our mind if we are buying the car by now… 1+ years waiting.
Agree.
What about people who finance? Once they push that button, the payments start. If they reject the car or Tesla has to work on it for days or weeks, they are paying for a car they don't own or can't drive.
Usually there is a no payment period for 30-90 days after the loan is funded from many banks. Actually as the rate is increasing rapidly, securing a new loan early may end up saving money.
And even if you are paying cash, why pay for something before the company delivers it? Do you prepay at stores and restaurants too?
For me, it's just one less thing to worry about while knowing the delivery is not too far away (after getting a VIN and pick up at factory). Giving a (relatively) small amount of interest free loan to Tesla is not a big deal (unless someone must invest every cent they have till the last minute, and in current market situation there might not even be a gain).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark
The cream - It’s really more white to me. No way near the Classic Mercedes creams/ beiges or the cream on my 2018 X. I like it on my 2021+ XLR field model X. I like the wood too. I like the red multi coat with the cream. The white is too glarey for me. The black carpets and trim look ok. So many other features being discovered every week. This is my favorite computer!
I agree that I think the red w cream would look classy. I just don’t want a red car.

Reactions: aerodyne