Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revving the engine errr...Motor?

lCELess

Apr 17, 2019
USA
I know this might sound childish but I was recently invited to a car club outing where a group of people that have high performance cars (Ferrari's, Lambo's, R8's, etc.) periodically attend so they can show off how the cars look and then they get to show off what their car can do. While I wont get into whether or not the activities that took place to "show what the cars can do" is legal or not, it did bring up an interesting question for me during one of the group pit stops. At this particular stop, the coordinator wanted to get some video footage of everyone's car all lined up in a single line and to rev the engine as he passed by for the shot. I got to thinking, if i had my car in the line, how would I visibly (and audibly) show the cars muscle without actually making a sound at all? My car is from Nov 18 so I don't have the pedestrian noise maker and it's laughable to think of even using that to show of strength. Just curious if anyone else has thought about this or might know what we ICEless car owners could do in a situation like that. Thanks

APotatoGod

Jul 31, 2018
California
Perhaps you could arrange to have your Tesla at the end of the line, and rather than just "revving" your engine, suddenly drive off to show the speed and silent acceleration?

arnis

Apr 13, 2015
Estonia
Take your shirt off and flex.

You can’t force the car to make a motor noise while it is not moving.

Actually not totally true. Motors can resonate their windings just for fun. My drone does startup sound, but it doesn't have a speaker.
This one is pretty loud:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC