Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious, what type of personal information/data is lost when the MCU is changed? Seat positions? Saved Destinations? Vehicle Settings? Homelink?

Good question. I had the SAME exact feeling as well. Surprisingly...all my information was saved or transferred to my new MCU. It still had my seat positions, saved destinations, music preferences, vehicle settings, and even my Home Link. I felt like NOTHING was changed. The screen does feel faster and clearer. It seems like it has a higher resolution.

• Informative
Reactions: ironwaffle
Unfortunately I have this issue as well. I have a December 2016 Model S. Service guys said this was the first they'd seen. New screen is ordered and will be replaced next week.

Seems like there was a bad batch of screen late 2016 to early 2017. Hopefully the issues doesn't come back on the replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: Mobius484
Unfortunately I have this issue as well. I have a December 2016 Model S. Service guys said this was the first they'd seen. New screen is ordered and will be replaced next week.

Seems like there was a bad batch of screen late 2016 to early 2017. Hopefully the issues doesn't come back on the replacement.

Wow this is more common than I thought. Yeah definitely get it replaced.

Wow I wonder if they had a bad batch of LCDs or something. Mine is a 2017 Model S as well. Took delivery late Jan.

Yeah I emailed my local service center the pictures and they said they never seen it before and ordered the parts for me. Told me that it arrived within a week. I scheduled an appointment and had it replaced. Took them 1 day.
The Dallas service center took great care if me and sealed out my LCD. No data lost and my car is good as new. The service agent mentioned that they are investigating this issue and believe it happens in warm climate areas. My car is in Dallas and I frequently valet my car at the airport. I'm sure the cabin gets well over 100 degrees when when parked even in the shade in Dallas.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: arcus and vrykolas