Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN 167xxx has this as well. The SC is ordering the parts after taking a quick look at the screen. The discoloring is even evident in "screen cleaning" mode when the whole screen is black there is a lighter border. The SC said this is a well documented problem.

I had mine replace about 2 weeks ago. New screen is problem free so far. The technician said it has a newer part number and he had replaced a few others with the same problem as well.

They didn't need to replace the entire MCU, just the screen. New screen seems to look nicer to my eyes, but it could just be placebo after viewing the yellow screen for so long. My wife noticed it too though and said it seemed clearer.

My VIN is 175k so that previously reported VIN range seems spot on.

I don't notice it being any faster. Still has some of the sluggishness I've come to expect. The yellowing is gone so I'm happy about that. I missed the uncorking by a day so I had them uncork it this week. I haven't heard any dash rattles but I'll keep my ears open going forward.

My car is starting to exhibit this, I saw it a while back and thought it was just light reflecting off the silver trim. My VIN is 187xxx, 75D, 3/24 delivery. Just had the car in and didn't have it addressed then, will probably have them notate it when I uncork on Tuesday and get things ordered then if they can confirm it.

Got mine back too. New screen looks good. They replaced my entire MCU.

No new rattles noticed post install, but they did ding up the instrument cluster trim piece, and my steering wheel also makes a funky (rubbing?) sound now when turning.

...They said they never seen anything like this before...

That means they didn't hear the case mentioned by Tyler Martin:

gnrmuyjjxev4zqarphau.png

I have this on my Jan 17 MS90D...scheduled to be replaced this week. This issue seems to be on many Sept 16-Mar 17 S and X vehicles, so it might have been a bad batch on LCD screens...but it is definitely a known issue, and Tesla seems to be covering it under warranty without any fuss so far...

For those that got a new touchscreen replacement, is it properly aligned at the top? The loaner that I'm currently driving has the yellow bar across AND the top left portion of the screen shows more black area than the right side, making it look like the screen is crooked and not aligned properly.

For those that got a new touchscreen replacement, is it properly aligned at the top? The loaner that I'm currently driving has the yellow bar across AND the top left portion of the screen shows more black area than the right side, making it look like the screen is crooked and not aligned properly.

My replacement is *not* aligned at the top and has been driving me nuts...