TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sentry Mode catches door dinger and saves me $1000.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Aieukl378, Apr 20, 2019.

1. venussongs

venussongs Member

That is shocking!!!

2. Dre78

Dre78 Supporting Member

I hate dropping toddler at daycare in the pull in spots. 1/10 or more parents don't give a rats arse. I've been dinged while sitting in the car getting ready to back out. Have we no decency!?

3. RyanF

RyanF Member

It’s casualness in how people don’t give one F that just irritates me. This person slammed their door into you car and just walked away like it’s a normal way to exit their car.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

No. Not at least with 19.8.5 and MCU1, which is to say March 2017 vintage.

5. ALSETJC

ALSETJC Member

Software update 2020.1.1 is supposed to taser the offending door dinger. :)

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 3
    • Like x 2
  6. stonelance

stonelance Member

Wow, that seems almost like an intentional ding. Reminds me of a couple years ago I was walking up to my car and the lady next to me opened her door so hard it was as if she kicked the inside of the door and it bounced off my car. I reacted without thinking and instantly said "wtf?" and the lady just squeezed past me and walked towards the store without even apologizing. Luckily it didn't look like there was damage, but I had so many dings by that point, not sure if I would have noticed anyway.

7. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

Sure her dog poop and she just left it also...

8. dethman

dethman Member

daycare dropoff is the WORST! parents don't give a crap and they swing their doors wide open to get their bratty kids out.

• Like x 2
  9. bedoig

bedoig Member

This strikes me as kinda funny. Is this a really broad generalization about a group you're part of (why else would you be there) but doesn't apply to you? I could see it being true. I have young kids but no experience with day care. I love my kids but tend to think everyone else's are punks, lol.

• Love x 1
  10. Eno Deb

Eno Deb Active Member

I once found a print of a kid-sized shoe on my previous car's door next to the handle. I still have no idea how he got that high up (must have been practicing Karate kicks or something) and how he managed to get his shoes so dirty in an otherwise clean and dry parking lot. Would have been great to have Sentry mode back then. Today the hairs on my neck stand up every time I see one of those soccer-mom mobiles parked next to my car. :eek:

• Funny x 1
  11. boriszima

boriszima Member

Good catch, glad cops went after the driver. Here in Los Angeles, i am not sure if they would unless person got hurt.

12. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I purposely park next to vans with sliding side doors instead of SUVs with doors that swing if my parking spot choices are limited.

• Like x 1
  13. jerryfan2000

jerryfan2000 Member

Is this also considered as hit and run?

14. ezevphl

ezevphl Member

15. Soto

Soto New Member

Did your phone notify you that your car was hit? That hit didn't trigger the alarm?

16. rdlink

rdlink Member

What!?!? If her car door swung out and hit the other car that hard and she didn't notice it's time for her to give up driving, because her senses and awareness are dangerously lacking.

• Like x 1
  17. Hock1

Hock1 Member

I haven't used Sentry yet, but I will. Do I need to put stick in USB before engaging Sentry?
    TIA

18. SUNPOWER

SUNPOWER New Member

How did you find out her license plate?

19. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

Yes, Sentry Mode uses the same setup as the dash cam.

• Informative x 1
  20. rdlink

rdlink Member

If you're signed up to TeslaFi you can have it automatically turn on Sentry Mode, also. TeslaFi also gives you a ton of sweet, sweet data on your car's charging and driving.

If you want to try it out you can double the free trial period from two weeks to a month by using my referral code below. After the trial it costs $55 a year.

• Helpful x 2