Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Bulletin out on Hard Acceleration "Shudder"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my thought too. There is a reason they are replacing the shafts.. I had the SC order all the parts just in case but am definitely not happy that a known and widespread issue with reported history is not being covered.
They're going broke. As far as I'm concerned it's a get all the TSBs and other stuff you can while you can. Wish it weren't the case but they aren't making profit.. have has plenty of time to but I don't think it's going to happen

No. Tesla was propped up by the Fed buying their stock and that is going to come to an end soon. Amazon smartly got their footing before the gravy train ended. If Tesla survives 10 more years it will be a miracle
You sound like the guy who called me a conspiracy theorist when I said earlier this year that all the big tech companies were actively trying to silence conservative voices. His jabs and jokes didn't age well. And all the data was right there under his nose.

Both Google's and Facebook's algorithms are biased towards what people are clicking. The Internet for most part is a liberal place. If most people click the link to a liberal leaning website, Google will promote that website - CTR is their biggest relevancy indicator.

Google would shudder at thought of relegating a legit website that got more clicks than another legit website, no matter what the politics involved are.

20 year olds are way more liberal than 70 year olds, and they are also on the internet way more than 70 year olds. You do your math. Any platform is going to be shaped towards its main constituent and Google has no responsibility to show a number of 'balanced' sources.

If you are some who rarely floors the accelerator (this would be me), is there any reason to have Tesla perform the newly discovered fix with revised clevis mount and half shafts? Long term, would these new parts provide any benefit to normal driving? Maybe resale value out of warranty?

I didn't even realize I had this issue until reading these threads and trying it on my own car, so I'm just trying to decide on whether its worth it to take it in.

Any thoughts?

I would take it just prior to the 4-year/50k warranty expiration as you'll get two new half-shafts, a new mount, and fresh gear oil for your front motor as well. Why not combine it with a 4-year service for maximum efficiency?

They want ~$2300 to do my X... had the shafts replaced once and even let them know it was coming back before the car went out of warranty..... trying just the clevis mount first based on recommendation from the SC. At least that is only $300

No, they don't your $2,300. Problems reported/documented prior to warranty expiration ARE covered post-warranty. It's in the law somewhere--look it up.

They'll do the whole bulletin, at no cost to you, and don't take "no" for an answer.

Tesla Customer Service is reach a new low every day it seems....

No, they don't your $2,300. Problems reported/documented prior to warranty expiration ARE covered post-warranty. It's in the law somewhere--look it up.

They'll do the whole bulletin, at no cost to you, and don't take "no" for an answer.

I don't know that just letting them know it is coming back is sufficient to qualify for getting it under warranty. Normally they would have to verify the concern and note it in their system.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
Thanks for posting this. I have been noticing the shudder on hard accelerations and was always curious if it was the same issue found on the X but never saw anyone mention it to be the same issue on the S. I didn't really think too much about it as the car behaved normally under ordinary driving. I'll have to schedule this (along with a few other things) and mention this bulletin. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: Jswyft

Yeah, I plan to push back when I am there... which was supposed to be today. But one hour in to my nearly 3 hour trek to the service center they called to tell me they didn't have the clevis and needed to reschedule..... So pleased.....

Yeah, I plan to push back when I am there... which was supposed to be today. But one hour in to my nearly 3 hour trek to the service center they called to tell me they didn't have the clevis and needed to reschedule..... So pleased.....
Is it just me, or is Tesla Customer Service completely falling off a cliff lately?

This means they had your car for all that time, and only bothered to tell you they didn't even have the parts until 2 hours before you're supposed to pick it up?!?

Elon: Would you PLEASE stop trying to do every job at Tesla by yourself--IT IS NOT WORKING, obviously.

It was time to fix Customer Service, long ago.

Get on it!

If you are some who rarely floors the accelerator (this would be me), is there any reason to have Tesla perform the newly discovered fix with revised clevis mount and half shafts? Long term, would these new parts provide any benefit to normal driving? Maybe resale value out of warranty?

I didn't even realize I had this issue until reading these threads and trying it on my own car, so I'm just trying to decide on whether its worth it to take it in.

Any thoughts?
Who's going to want to buy your car if it shudders on hard acceleration? Think about that.

Is it just me, or is Tesla Customer Service completely falling off a cliff lately?

This means they had your car for all that time, and only bothered to tell you they didn't even have the parts until 2 hours before you're supposed to pick it up?!?

Elon: Would you PLEASE stop trying to do every job at Tesla by yourself--IT IS NOT WORKING, obviously.

Get on it!
More like Elon delegated all of the North American Sales & Service to an intern. I want Jerome Guillen back as VP of Sales & Service when everything worked like butter. He's in charge of the semi project, apparently. Tesla needs him in service! lol

#BringBackJerome!

Who's going to want to buy your car if it shudders on hard acceleration? Think about that.

More like Elon delegated all of the North American Sales & Service to an intern. I want Jerome Guillen back as VP of Sales & Service when everything worked like butter. He's in charge of the semi project, apparently. Tesla needs him in service! lol

#BringBackJerome!

Jerome does great work but I really don’t think bringing Jerome back into that position would help much. This issue is due to the growing pains of the Model 3 ramp up.

Get on it!

No, luckily this was the initial trip to drop it off. But still should have been checked on before the morning of, especially when they knew I had a long drive to get there.

Couldn't agree more, service was great when McNeill was head of service. Need to get back to that kind of service. App is great and all but it would be nice to be able to just call when I know I am going to have questions etc... Waste of time to schedule an appointment just so I can get someone to call me to see if I actually need an appointment....

What is it exactly you feel shuddering ?

I have my model s since 09.18 and at had high speeds ( and high acceleratie at higher speeds) I get a shudder in my steering wheel... might this be related to this issue ??

Highly likely.

If it's not terrible, I would live with it until your next service visit for something else as it sounds like it's a repair that will take much of a day, or more.

For ours, we plan to wait until 49,900 miles or 3 years and 11 months, unless it gets worse . . . .