Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Was Good - Water in Lights & Other

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, had my first issues with MS here after 9 months or so fixed in a quick service visit. Overall, great job!

1. A little screw that came loose on armest made it rattle and shake, as well as feel flimsy. They fixed that easily.

2. Always had moisture in the back lights for many days after a wash or just sometimes in humid days it seemed. They replaced the entire chrome strip on back which apparently was the design flaw up until late last year. Seems good now hopefully and actually like how the raised TESLA letters look on it better as well. For those with moisture in rear lights, this appears to be the fix and they know its common as have a bulletin on it.

Hope all future service big or small goes this well.

-T

Had the screw issue (mine just came out completely) a while back.

Have the moisture issue now, but I'm not bringing it to the SvC just for that. Actually it's been a while since my last SvC visit, so nothing to complain about really.

Well, had my first issues with MS here after 9 months or so fixed in a quick service visit. Overall, great job!

1. A little screw that came loose on armest made it rattle and shake, as well as feel flimsy. They fixed that easily.

2. Always had moisture in the back lights for many days after a wash or just sometimes in humid days it seemed. They replaced the entire chrome strip on back which apparently was the design flaw up until late last year. Seems good now hopefully and actually like how the raised TESLA letters look on it better as well. For those with moisture in rear lights, this appears to be the fix and they know its common as have a bulletin on it.

Hope all future service big or small goes this well.

-T

I had a loaner P85, 2013 I think, when it was raining in Los Angeles like crazy a week ago.
When I opened the trunk, the door/lid had water coming out of it on the inside when fully extended.

Had the screw issue (mine just came out completely) a while back.

Have the moisture issue now, but I'm not bringing it to the SvC just for that. Actually it's been a while since my last SvC visit, so nothing to complain about really.

I'm getting my rear appliqué replace on my next visit. If you want an easy way to remove the moisture until you have it fixed try this:

Last edited by a moderator: