Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. A lot of the smarter people I follow who are mainly bullish have been bearish the last few days. Most have just recently bought back in a bit. There's plenty of new short interest again, so there's the potential to go up a bit more too.

We'll see what Mr. Market thinks.

After watching the Bull vs. Bear segment on Bloomberg. I am fully convinced we can have a Short Squeeze Part II. Granted, I think the $300 target is ludicrous for the short term (1 year-- then again I hope I am wrong). The short argument holds very little weight.

- The main drawback shorts continue to draw upon are price and range and continuous faulty comparisons to Leafs and Volts
- The price was never an issue in my mind because of where the Model S competes.
- Range is pretty much solved in daily driving habits and the long range issue is being resolved with charging solutions.

So I say let them short. Let them take the opposite position. I can't wait to take their money (in the end) for lunch and stop by Smith and Wollensky's for a victory steak.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's just a continuation of the status quo, and it's not clear to me it makes that huge a difference to the purchase experience. After all, you order on the internet regardless.

Yeah. It just introduces some annoyances. Sales tax can't be financed, you have to do the registration yourself, and you can't contact the Service Center directly to schedule appointments. There may be some other small issues.

This was given by the auto dealers' lobby, not oil & gas. Just under half of the State's electricity comes from natural gas, so at least some of the Oil & Gas people are getting their cut. O&G are probably more concerned about the large and growing wind generation (currently ~ 10%).

Weird sudden spike to 97 and then immediately back down. What was that?
chart.png

Status
Not open for further replies.