Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
None. I think they delayed EU production to July. That's why some are thinking they may generate a second straight profitable quarter. Sandbagging.

Yeah, this has been my feeling too. But I haven't seen any evidence of this. If every car built in Q2 was for US, then I think we are going to see something more like 5100-5200 sales. Just trying to find any indication at all that a EU car was built, even if it isn't on a boat yet.

None. I think they delayed EU production to July. That's why some are thinking they may generate a second straight profitable quarter. Sandbagging.

Thats what I was thinking.

As a German reservation holder who has not received a VIN I think that this is exactly the case. July (after the break which might be used for the (small) changes in the assembly line) the European cars will be produced. If they can ship and sell within Q3 then the effect of a lot of inventory on a boat will not negatively impact quarterly numbers. So do the Europeans get produced in the first month of every quarter?

Just thinking

As a German reservation holder who has not received a VIN I think that this is exactly the case. July (after the break which might be used for the (small) changes in the assembly line) the European cars will be produced. If they can ship and sell within Q3 then the effect of a lot of inventory on a boat will not negatively impact quarterly numbers. So do the Europeans get produced in the first month of every quarter?

Just thinking

I think some EU cars will be the first off the line in July. Use the week off the factory guys have to adjust tooling as necessary...come back in week 2 of the quarter and start cranking out EU cars...put 'em on a boat and get them across the pond by the end of the month.

Just thinking

Sounds logical to me.

Wasn't there a bunch of VIN numbers already assigned to some of the European customers? Wouldn't this indicate that some EU cars are being built?

That means that the Tesla Model S's with these VIN numbers are added to a certain batch, and that they soon will be built. It's a matter of planning the production before the actual production proces has started (I think that would be a logical thing to do: PLAN before you START doing something).

UPDATED 11:33 AM ET| Tesla Motors, which made an unimpressive move above the 107.23 buy point, is making a more solid breakout above the 115 buy point Monday. The 107.23 entry was an alternative buy point derived from a resistance level that is lower than what is normally used in the high, tight flag patterns. The conventional buy point seems to be working better. The high, tight flag is a setup that can lead to powerful gains. It forms when a stock moves sideways for a few weeks after a price gain of 100% or more. Backstory: Tesla is leading other automakers in alternative-fuel cars. It makes all-electric cars, which appeal to those who want to avoid the gas pump or the emissions caused by internal-combustion engines. The company also produces electric powertrain components for Daimler AG and Toyota. Tesla has been ramping up production faster than expected. But Teslas are not for everyone: The cheapest Model S sells for $62,400 after tax credits. Tesla doesn’t have the profit history of winning stocks, but it does have a breakthrough product, and the company is expected to have its first annual profit next year, 88 cents a share.

Why, I can remember the olden days in this thread, back when the stock was in the 30s, and then the 50s, and nobody thought it'd hit the 60s, 70s, then 80s, 90s, let alone the 100s, and the chatter was enough to keep one busy for hours each day reading posts. Now the stock is at 116.77 on a booming day, and the thread's remarkably quiet, considering today's a record-breaking day. I kinda miss the chatter! :)

Here's a question:

Doesn't something happen around $118 a share with the holders of the secondary offering from May? I seem to recall the loan turns into a pumpkin, or warrants, or something, around then. Is that a good or a bad thing considering where we are today?

Why, I can remember the olden days in this thread, back when the stock was in the 30s, and then the 50s, and nobody thought it'd hit the 60s, 70s, then 80s, 90s, let alone the 100s, and the chatter was enough to keep one busy for hours each day reading posts. Now the stock is at 116.77 on a booming day, and the thread's remarkably quiet, considering today's a record-breaking day. I kinda miss the chatter! :)

Here's a question:

Doesn't something happen around $118 a share with the holders of the secondary offering from May? I seem to recall the loan turns into a pumpkin, or warrants, or something, around then. Is that a good or a bad thing considering where we are today?

Yeah. we're all unimpressed now. Heh, I know I'm enjoying it.

At $125 there are convertible bonds which will dilute the share pool, but release debt from TSLA. It was $125 at least, not sure if that price point moved.

Here's a question:

People didn't have cars back then. Now everyone is out enjoying life. Except me, cause I don't have a car yet. So I'm just enjoying watching my portfolio climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.