Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$82 in the pre-market. We're gapping up today! This will be an exciting week. Would be cool to have some heads up from Elon on when the next bit of information/announcement will happen. May options expire on May 18th (saturday) so last day of trading for those is Friday... A quick look at Google Finance's options oversight shows that the open interest for calls in the $0-80 strike range is a little over 42000 contracts, the equivalent of 4.2 million shares. About half of those are in the $60 and below strike range. How many holders of these calls will actually be executing? And have they been sold as covered calls or naked calls? And if so, how many investors need to go out and cover to fulfill these calls during this week? Could it push the price even higher? Not unlikely, but not sure if this will have any meaningfull effect on the stock.

$82 in the pre-market. We're gapping up today! This will be an exciting week. Would be cool to have some heads up from Elon on when the next bit of information/announcement will happen. May options expire on May 18th (saturday) so last day of trading for those is Friday... A quick look at Google Finance's options oversight shows that the open interest for calls in the $0-80 strike range is a little over 42000 contracts, the equivalent of 4.2 million shares. About half of those are in the $60 and below strike range. How many holders of these calls will actually be executing? And have they been sold as covered calls or naked calls? And if so, how many investors need to go out and cover to fulfill these calls during this week? Could it push the price even higher? Not unlikely, but not sure if this will have any meaningfull effect on the stock.

Here is what I asked him on twitter (my twitter nick is @roulezelectric):
«@elonmusk @wehbyjammin The Supercharger announcement is this week right? Hope there will be something for Canada. :)»

He answered to me in the past, so lets hope he does this time! :)

Yay! I couldn't resist and dumped 50% at $85. The stock has risen enough that I can completely pay off my car and still keep 1/2 my shares. My auto loan rate is crazy low, but it's really more than I can safely handle each month and it was always my intent to put a lot more down on the car. I chose to gamble and took a larger loan hoping the stock would do what it's done. Probably wasn't smart being that overexposed to Tesla's success or failure, but it worked out.

Yay! I couldn't resist and dumped 50% at $85. The stock has risen enough that I can completely pay off my car and still keep 1/2 my shares. My auto loan rate is crazy low, but it's really more than I can safely handle each month and it was always my intent to put a lot more down on the car. I chose to gamble and took a larger loan hoping the stock would do what it's done. Probably wasn't smart being that overexposed to Tesla's success or failure, but it worked out.

Wow, this is my hope as well. Congrates!

Status
Not open for further replies.