Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Realist, welcome back. I guess TSLA hasn't been anywhere near your 91 short position in the last month; I dont recall what your timing was but did you manage to hedge anything in the last weeks or do you think we'll get a Q2 contrary to expectations?

My broker has borrowed the shares, so I can hold on to that short position für quite some time. I have to pay a 3% interest. So far it is deep in the red, obviously.

I think Q2 will suprise to the upside, as expected. For certain Mr. Musk will also give a bullish outlook für Q3. It remains to be seen if the street still believes that.

In contrast to most of you guys I believe a collapse of the stock price is very likely if not inevitable. The demand for the Model S is not sustainable at that level and warranty expenses will destroy any proft margin.

In my opinion the model S demand has not reached its peak. As more cars are seen demand will be increased. I work with some very high earners that shop for expensive cars, most are not familiar with the car. As they grow, this will change. I have no concerns over demand. As NC opens showrooms that offer test drives, this will change. The one S owner I know locally drove 5 hours for a test drive.

Also, me thinks anyone screwing around with options on Tesla at this point is a fool. Selling premium strikes me as the only feasible play, but I am unwilling to limit my profits.

My broker has borrowed the shares, so I can hold on to that short position für quite some time. I have to pay a 3% interest. So far it is deep in the red, obviously.

That is pretty good, I thought the interest on that was higher.

In contrast to most of you guys I believe a collapse of the stock price is very likely if not inevitable. The demand for the Model S is not sustainable at that level and warranty expenses will destroy any proft margin.

I am curious why you feel this way. As mentioned by others, Tesla has less than a 10% market share right now in the US alone.
In Minnesota, what I have seen is the more people that get to see the car in person the more people buy it.
Additionally the Model S will be rolling out to Europe very soon.

Deutsche Bank Upgrade to "buy" PT: $160

Link? I have one other source on that, but it says $130.

Either way, if GS "downgrades" to $84, and we see $106 that day, does that mean with $160 PT we'll see $138 today? :)

EDIT: Got a link:
http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perm...la-upgraded-to-Buy-from-Hold-at-Deutsche-Bank

Tesla upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank upgraded Tesla shares to Buy from Hold while raising its price target for the stock to $160 from $50. Deutsche notes that several third parties have concluded Tesla's electric car is the best car they've ever tested. The firm believes Tesla shares could more than double over the next 3-4 years. The stock closed yesterday at $124.07.

For anyone that is curious can chech Frankfurt trading in yahoo symbol tl0.f. The 0 is a zero. Watch out some times price only reflects 100 shares but so far over a thousand shares average volume at 5:30 am est and was up 5.5 half hr ago

99,472 EUR at 26.07.13/12:44 in Frankfurt. Volume today 1762 shares. + 6,7 %.

It looks like the Deutsche Bank did a good job! I'm curious how it will be this afternoon in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.