Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to thank everyone on here who provided some amazing commentary. I also wanted to share my story

Im 21 and still in university. I took a Financial Economics course which got me thinking about stocks. I became a member here and immediately bought the stock on July 1st with my savings of $2000. On Aug 2nd.(friday) I sold my long position and bought 5 sept 170 call options. Surprisingly, after the dip today my options where still in the green. Also i couldn't resist the price today so i bought an aug 160 call with the extra money i had lying around.

Thanks to everyone here i will be able to pay off an entire year's tuition from my student loans after i figure out how to time selling these options.

*edit: typo

Congratulations! Just reading through all these pages after being away for a couple of days makes me happy. I have kind of the same story myself. I'm 20 and put my savings in tsla at 29. I've almost made enough for paying for my entire education (five years and i just finished my first). My tesla investment is kind of an insurance as well as I study to become a maritime engineer in norway :smile:

Thanks for all the great posts and a special congratulation to Johan for making such a brave bet and especially for posting it here before the results were known!

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements

Kevin99:

I just checked, and TradeStation has TSLA 1 min data all the way back to 6/29/10.

That was the opening day by the way.

The opening price that day was $19.00 (at 11:26 am ?!!) with closing at $23.94.

Thanks Jkliu. Looks like it is already close to a 10 bagger! Amazing. Should be there by year end.

That reminds me one funny thing when my neighbor saw my new tesla and we were chatting. I said I invested in TSLA and she said "me too". No pitch required from there! And she's been in since ipo and recently bought a Prius plugin, addition to the fist Prius she had like 9 years ago. And guess what, she worked in google so my model s wasn't too impressive to her since she's seen a ton in Goog.

Supercharger network is not a "moat" - since others can replicate it (afterall, there are more CHAdeMO chargers now than expected super chargers in a couple of years). Their only moat is battery - and that is the reason for the "cool" and "it". If Model S had 100 mile range - none of those would be there.

BTW, Tesla has a big problem with supercharger location - they can't put many in the cities (unlike OEMS, who have dealers) because of cost.

I think you have that exactly backwards. Chademo is the one with a big problem in location. Since they are being built for cars with limited range they are being built in cities. If 3 years from now somebody else comes out with a longer range vehicle they will find that there is still no quick charging infrastructure in the places they can now reach. The superchargers are being built with longer range cars in mind, CHAdeMO just has a ton of redundant locations in the city where a longer range car usually doesn't even need to charge (the Pacific Northwest is the only exception, but I see no signs of that being replicated elsewhere).

This is like deja vu all over again.

I vividly remember that the Friday after Q1 the price stayed at $70 for the first 10 minutes or so.

I had a whole bunch of $70 calls that were expiring that day that were slightly positive, but only because of premium, which was going to erode throughout the day. So I pulled the trigger and sold them.

Over a 3 minute period thereafter the stock price rose to $80.

Exact same thing today (smaller scale), but this time I sat it out with my August 9 150 calls. Thank goodness!

Well, I am out. I sold all my 90, 95, and 100 Sept calls. (I closed my Aug 150's yesterday for a nice profit). I am rolling most of my option money into straight stock (so I am finally supporting the stock instead of freeloading ;) ) I need to get some sleep, and my new "conservative portfolio" of mostly Tesla stock will allow me to ignore the ticker for hours at a time!

Edit: ....and here come the gap. hold on, I am sure its going to the moon now!! :)

Well, I am out. I sold all my 90, 95, and 100 Sept calls. (I closed my Aug 150's yesterday for a nice profit). I am rolling most of my option money into straight stock (so I am finally supporting the stock instead of freeloading ;) ) I need to get some sleep, and my new "conservative portfolio" of mostly Tesla stock will allow me to ignore the ticker for hours at a time!

Edit: ....and here come the gap. hold on, I am sure its going to the moon now!! :)

It is because you stopped freeloading and bought the stock. You just triggered the short squeeze. :biggrin:

This is like deja vu all over again.

I vividly remember that the Friday after Q1 the price stayed at $70 for the first 10 minutes or so.

I had a whole bunch of $70 calls that were expiring that day that were slightly positive, but only because of premium, which was going to erode throughout the day. So I pulled the trigger and sold them.

Over a 3 minute period thereafter the stock price rose to $80.

Exact same thing today (smaller scale), but this time I sat it out with my August 9 150 calls. Thank goodness!

lol! Same thing here. Only I disnt have time cause I was gonna meet the model S for the first time. And WOOOOW!!! Ive seen videos, but what an insane car!! Im never ever selling the stock! Not even at 4000$ my only problem is to get the car without selling stock! Tesla is the future!

btw im in Copenhagen on vacation, and finally got my testdeive. 10 people were standing and taking photos of the car when we came back to the store.
It was tho fairly easy to get a ride, even tho they only had one car! But when more cars comes to Europe, Tesla will conquer the continent!

lol! Same thing here. Only I disnt have time cause I was gonna meet the model S for the first time. And WOOOOW!!! Ive seen videos, but what an insane car!! Im never ever selling the stock! Not even at 4000$ my only problem is to get the car without selling stock! Tesla is the future!

btw im in Copenhagen on vacation, and finally got my testdeive. 10 people were standing and taking photos of the car when we came back to the store.
It was tho fairly easy to get a ride, even tho they only had one car! But when more cars comes to Europe, Tesla will conquer the continent!

Please do share photos and videos if you have any! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.