Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a name for making $1M in a single day? Tezillionaire?

I don't think anyone has answered this question. I probably will regret what I say here. Some people will be offended by knowing too much so I apologize. And shut your eyes if you don't want to hear from me.

<<<<<<<< eyes shut >>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<< skip to next page >>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<< ok you've passed my warning line >>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<< ok you've passed the point of no return >>>>>>>>>>>>

My record (the peak when it hits $158) on Q2 day is gain of $1.5M. I was holding equivalent of 75k shares and options going to the Q2 ER. And yeah it pop so I made the Tezillionaire. I ended the day above $1M I think.

If you follow me in the very beginning, accumulating 100k of shares and equivalent is my dream target. Dave knows what I am talking about. :wink:

You can imagine the next several days the $1M was halve. It was a dangerous ride. I can't play this big unless I am almost absolutely sure.

Let the others who make $1M a day come forward. There must be more, perhaps the Q1 pop. Again I apologize to those who get offended.

Last edited:
kevin99, I think that's great. What would interest many of us is how you did it. In other words, what options did you have to get it done (I assume lots of calls), and how many steps did it take? Oh and if you don't mind, how much capital did you start with. We'd all like to join you :)

@kevin99

You son of a.... just kidding. Congratulations!

My single biggest swing in one day was +$3.5k around Q1 earnings. But alas I'm a recent-ish college grad with student loans out the butt, so every little bit counts! I hope to increase that by a factor of 1000 in the near future!

Well what I can say is when I suggested to my wife I could write a trading book, (that was before Q2), she gets so mad and asks me to go see a doctor.

Not sure about a trading book, but your story on TSLA would be of interest to many, if you don't want to write an entire book, how about a blog story? I was going to suggest a catchy title for a "Seeking Alpha" positive TSLA article, but they only seem to want to publish negative gibberish.

My record (the peak when it hits $158) on Q2 day is gain of $1.5M. I was holding equivalent of 75k shares and options going to the Q2 ER. And yeah it pop so I made the Tezillionaire. I ended the day above $1M I think.

If you follow me in the very beginning, accumulating 100k of shares and equivalent is my dream target. Dave knows what I am talking about. :wink:

You can imagine the next several days the $1M was halve. It was a dangerous ride. I can't play this big unless I am almost absolutely sure.

Let the others who make $1M a day come forward. There must be more, perhaps the Q1 pop. Again I apologize to those who get offended.

You're a Rock Star now (at least for us).

You took risk and prevailed. Congrats.

Would love to hear more from you, how you did it, what you were thinking and in what kind of a situation you were.

Anxious to learn.

This is really depressing. I had about $60k in stock and options going into q1 ER but ended up only making about 100k the following day :(. Maybe not positioned aggressively enough? Most of the calls had strike between 30 and $70

image.jpg

goodness gracious. I suddenly feel poor. :redface: but seriously Kudos to Kevin and the man who ONLY made 100k above.

What App is that Twiddler?

Well, I guess it is all relative, and trust me, I am not complaining, but I am just amazed at Kev's abilities in turning the same amount of money into much more. I am assuming there were a bunch of OTM May 13 calls involved.

The service that I use is optionshouse, the app for which is above. I strongly recommend if you are not familiar with them - great prices and an extremely intuitive platform. The app gives me (perhaps too much) freedom to trade while walking down a hallway :)

I knew I will regret, but now for a different reason. I just gain some time and now I owed all of you an explanation. :cool: Believe me I will definitely write it down when I get the time. I will contribute back since I gain a lot of knowledge from the board, from the friends I made during TESLIVE. So thank you!

Also, please let us know the next time you are "almost absolutely sure"! Would love to load up the boat with you.

Before I give the full account how I did it, please take the Disclaimer: my news leak (someone somehow scratched my itch to go back to ggr's question long time ago) in no way suggests anything in price movement of TSLA at this moment. The worst thing you can do is get excited and go for the killing. :eek:

I've stated my positions in the last several days in this thread. Again that is my own personal read. Everyone should research and make up their own investment/trading decision. To make a profit, you need to have both the right read and the right execution. Even you learn the right opinion from someone, you could still end up losing money if the execution is not there. It is even more true considering TSLA is trading +3~5% and -3~5% within a day.

If you compare the option premium of TSLA, LNKD, NFLX, AMZN, TSLA is the most expensive, which tells you something: It is the epicenter of stock movement, the bulls, the bears, the love, the hate, ecstasy and despair. It now has the attention and imagination of the nation, and the world aboard.

Last edited:
How do you make $10750 on a call option with a quantity of 10 shares? I know little of options, but from the Wikipedia entries on calls that doesn't make any sense to me.

I will let someone else field the details - I am just a cardiology/EP fellow learning this as I go.

In brief (by my rudimentary understanding), these calls crossed into the money with the move, very far out from expiration, and thus closely followed a logarithmic gain.

Well, I guess it is all relative, and trust me, I am not complaining, but I am just amazed at Kev's abilities in turning the same amount of money into much more. I am assuming there were a bunch of OTM May 13 calls involved.

The service that I use is optionshouse, the app for which is above. I strongly recommend if you are not familiar with them - great prices and an extremely intuitive platform. The app gives me (perhaps too much) freedom to trade while walking down a hallway :)

Twiddler, I think you mis-read. I was holding 75k shares and equivalent, not $75k worth of stock and equivalent. That is 150 times different, as defined by the stock price of $150. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.