Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, one thing after another. perfect storm or not? How about a terrorist attack? I know i don't want to joke about that.

I just start watching CNBC, too distracting but want to see what else coverage they have for Tesla.
Lets see a drop to $164 so I can buy some more, and then a rally in the last 30 minutes as we close in the channel :)

Citizen-T, What close price ru looking for? $175+?

Greetings fellow Teslanauts,

First a brief intro: I'm a long-time lurker here, huge Tesla booster and am long for years, have read the forums and this thread every day for months. Moderately experienced investor, but not an analyst. I have made very solid returns thanks to the great work first of Luvb2b calling the rolling naked short at $40, then Sleepyhead, Citizen-T, DaveT, and kevin99 calling Quarterly results spot-on. You guys are a pleasure to read, and I decided I should jump into the club here as well. Will be ordering our S85 in blue very soon.

I wanted to post the following pic here in case folks hadn't seen it. Interesting analysis from the street I tend to agree with on the fire, but I am being very cautious with my short-term plays until we hear more from Elon on this (which we will):

TSLA Fire Analysis 10-3-13.jpg

Does anyone have "proof" of an impact or more on the actual object that struck the car, if so?

Keep up the great, level-headed discussion guys. I sincerely hope this forum remains a haven for intelligent discourse among like-minded professionals and enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Flux

I wouldn't start the party for the quick rebound just yet. We are still VERY vulnerable here. Another car could go up in flames, Goldman report, market goes cold, goverment uncertainty, etc, etc. We went from 170 to 190 without really any news from the company. I have strong hedges in place. I spent yesterday afternoon and this morning constructing delayed put spreads and a couple otm calls for the bounce back. I think it will rebound well, I just think we are still vulnerable.

As there's open questions in this thread, I'm taking the liberty of quoting in full MPT's post from the discussion thread:

As you know, we have a great relationship with Tesla Motors, and we've just received the following two quotes from Liz Jarvis-Shean. They've been made elsewhere but offered here for completeness:

"On Tuesday, a Model S collided with a large metallic object in the middle of the road, causing significant damage to the vehicle. The car's alert system signaled a problem and instructed the driver to pull over safely, which he did. No one was injured, and the sole occupant had sufficient time to exit the vehicle safely and call the authorities. Subsequently, a fire caused by the substantial damage sustained during the collision was contained to the front of the vehicle thanks to the design and construction of the vehicle and battery pack. All indications are that the fire never entered the interior cabin of the car. It was extinguished on-site by the fire department."

"The fire was caused by the direct impact of a large metallic object to one of the 16 modules within the Model S battery pack. Because each module within the battery pack is, by design, isolated by fire barriers to limit any potential damage, the fire in the battery pack was contained to a small section in the front of the vehicle."

MPT
Partner, Tesla Motors Club LLC

For detailed discussion on anything except TSLA impact please use the original thread here -> Model-S-Accident-Fire-I-m-VERY-curious-as-to-what-caused-the-fire

A little slow looking at things today...I have a buy order in at $168 but it seems that we hit the low point and are on the way back up...

What do you think, any chance of that order firing or are y'all increasing limits? (FYI I'm long, pretty small number of shares. Last bought at $60).

I dont know about u guys but I bet alot of people saw this on the news last night or today and called their broker and told them to sell asap, while beiing at work. Ii bet alot of people would buy back when the really read the news, or atleast wait for another pullback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.