Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a tweet from @ScottJCouto (who has ordered MS). He said he call TM and that there won't be a recall and that TM has a resolution. I'm inclined to believe this guy. He looks legit. He tweeted days ago that he'd cancel his MS order if issue wasn't addressed.

- - - Updated - - -

I read somewhere Elon will be on CNBC at 4:30. I guess we'll find out then.

What timezone? He's keynote today at conference in NYC at 4:30 pst

source of CNBC appearance would be nice... Should I turn on CNBC?

Last edited:
Saw a tweet from @ScottJCouto (who has ordered MS). He said he call TM and that there won't be a recall and that TM has a resolution. I'm inclined to believe this guy. He looks legit. He tweeted days ago that he'd cancel his MS order if issue wasn't addressed.

- - - Updated - - -

What timezone? He's keynote today at conference in NYC at 4:30 pst

source of CNBC appearance would be nice... Should I turn on CNBC?

Anyone know where we could watch his interview at 4:50?

I have some doubts whether the third fire originated in Li-ion battery (http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...call-necessary?p=494227&viewfull=1#post494227)

If the fire was due to short in either the 12V battery or associted circuits, as the picture in my post linked above seem to suggest, the narrative would be changed drastically. If anything, it could be a proof that main traction battery is safe, as it was hit by the trailer hitch ball adapter, but the balistic shield (0.25" metal plate Elon was referring to in his blog post) worked as designed and protected the battery casing from damage.

Elon then will need to explain (and that he does masterfully) that only larger curved piece of tractor-trailer fender that caused first fire incident, could penetrate the ballistic shield, and additional measures are not required since that was trully one of a kind incident.

Saw a tweet from @ScottJCouto (who has ordered MS). He said he call TM and that there won't be a recall and that TM has a resolution.

To me that sounds like they will go the software fix way: raise the minimum height at speed or something similar.

If they will indeed do that, then to me it means they believe those were freak occurrences but still want to show that they are doing something as a PR move.

I too concur that if there's any immediate resolution, it would be a software fix where it would adjust the height of the car. To have a design change for the battery shield would be too lengthy to implement at the time being.

- - - Updated - - -

TSLA disclosed in 10-Q today, that "construction in progress" is down big year-over-year, which is not consistent with increased orders. This maybe the real reason for the price swing... no disrespect to George Clooney or NHTSA.

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=tsla&Find=Search&owner=exclude&action=getcompany

That 10-Q is hardly any news worthy to sink TSLA. As the news develop throughout today, it's more in line of what Tesla Motors will do about the battery's protection, whether there's a recall or a quick fix. There was a Twitter rumor yesterday about a recall, but so far, it's denied.

TSLA disclosed in 10-Q today, that "construction in progress" is down big year-over-year, which is not consistent with increased orders. This maybe the real reason for the price swing... no disrespect to George Clooney or NHTSA.

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=tsla&Find=Search&owner=exclude&action=getcompany

Reading a bit further into that 10-Q reveals the definition of "construction in progress". It looks to be the expenditure of capital equipment. It would make sense that they are spending less on line equipment and tooling than they were last year, as their line is primarily up and running.

Construction in progress is comprised primarily of assets related to the manufacturing of our Model S, including tooling and manufacturing equipment and capitalized interest expense. Depreciation of these assets begins when they are ready for their intended use.

Reading a bit further into that 10-Q reveals the definition of "construction in progress". It looks to be the expenditure of capital equipment. It would make sense that they are spending less on line equipment and tooling than they were last year, as their line is primarily up and running.

really? they are building a hell lot more Model S in 2013 than 2012... aren't they suppose to ramp up production to meet demand? how do you achieve that by decreasing capital equipment?

Facepalm_227785.jpg

Let us not forget that this is not a secret forum. All sorts of people come here for legitimate information. Every time someone finds a nugget of bullshit and introduces it to this legit thread, be it George Clooney's years-ago comments about an old car, or some comment from an Apple rumormongering site that thinks it knows something about Tesla... we are reinforcing the rumors and spreading them to more eyeballs. If you think a rumor is crap... do not bring it up or respond to anyone else's questions on it.

Back to TSLA short term movements... The NASDAQ is also down a bit, but I believe the temporary rumors are the only thing specifically holding TSLA down today and it will wear off. I believe the fire stuff is wearing off, and in fact I believe that in the unlikely event there is a fourth fire, of any sort, people are going to start resisting over-reactions before learning a bit more first. E.g. was it due to human error? (as the Mexican fire was) Was the car completely mangled up before it went on fire and represented no danger to anyone? etc..

So if you see something about Kim Kardashian dissing the Tesla... we do not need to see it posted here.

really? they are building a hell lot more Model S in 2013 than 2012... aren't they suppose to ramp up production to meet demand? how do you achieve that by decreasing capital equipment?
If you already have all the capital equipment you need to ramp up production but are just waiting on a key supplier to increase the level of their shipments.

If you already have all the capital equipment you need to ramp up production but are just waiting on a key supplier to increase the level of their shipments.

so they bought capital equipment (some of which are robotics, which like any technology depreciate with age)... and waited for the battery supply to catch up? really? there is no shortage of robots or other car construction equipment... why didn't tsla wait for battery delivery, then order capital equipment? BTW, i don't think that's the reason why capital equipment charge went down yr-over-yr.

- - - Updated - - -

The 10-Q came out on Friday, 11/8. Additionally, this year they are not building out a new Model S assembly line. Just speeding it up.

you make a valid point. make more with the same equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.