Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems we are just drifting with the market today, TSLA doesn't want to take a firm direction, up or down...

Waiting for some good news about Model X at the shareholders meeting week after next... and hoping for a lot of Model X details to be unveiled at TMC Connect in July.

Teslas Push to Sell Cars Directly to Texans Runs Out of Juice - Bloomberg Business

“When we do a pickup, it would be logical that we would do it in Texas,” O’Connell said. “It’s also logical to ask why would we invest major amounts of money in a state where we can’t even do business.”

Ford Pretends To Open Up Its Patents Like Tesla, But Doesn Media Falls For It | Techdirt

You still have to license them and you still have to pay. This is just Ford announcing "Hey, we have patents, come pay us to use them." That's not opening up those patents. It's marketing the fact that you need to license them. This is the opposite of what Musk did with Tesla's patents.

Last edited:
I love waking up each morning knowing I own a small piece of this company. I think we will be making new highs (easily) within the next month barring any major MACRO issues or unexpected events. I see no systemic risk in the system at the moment and this means up, up and away. I am obviously a bull but will vent my concern if and when the macro environment changes. So many positive catalysts ahead!

Last edited:
Success of The Giga Factory Can Unlock Tremendous Value For Tesla - Forbes

Pretty high level, but some outlets starting to see Tesla 2.0

I'm sorry, let me see if I get this straight:
We have a price estimate of $170 for Tesla, which is about 30% below the current market price.
and
The stock price can improve by almost as much as 40% from our current price estimate, which underlines the importance of the Giga Factory project for the company.

So, you are saying that the success of the gigafactory is only going to up your PT by 68$ to a grand total of, wait for it, 238$ a share!!! Wooo, everyone, Buy Buy Buy!
Oh...
wait...
This article confuses me...

Is this a Bullish article or a Bearish one, because it seems to me like this is a bearish article when you look at the data they are trying to claim, but it is written with a bullish tone. So confusing, like they can't even make up their own minds. :confused:

I'm sorry, let me see if I get this straight:

and

So, you are saying that the success of the gigafactory is only going to up your PT by 68$ to a grand total of, wait for it, 238$ a share!!! Wooo, everyone, Buy Buy Buy!
Oh...
wait...
This article confuses me...

Is this a Bullish article or a Bearish one, because it seems to me like this is a bearish article when you look at the data they are trying to claim, but it is written with a bullish tone. So confusing, like they can't even make up their own minds. :confused:

These idiots should have tacked the 40% on 12 months ago, when everyone else learned about the Gigafactory and what strategic importance it held. A PT of $238 12 months ago would have been sensible. But now they are trying to play catch up, as if the Gigafactory is a recent discovery. What they still are not valuing is that the Gigafactory is fully booked with stationary orders through 2016.

These idiots should have tacked the 40% on 12 months ago, when everyone else learned about the Gigafactory and what strategic importance it held. A PT of $238 12 months ago would have been sensible. But now they are trying to play catch up, as if the Gigafactory is a recent discovery. What they still are not valuing is that the Gigafactory is fully booked with stationary orders through 2016.

It's amusing how they never fail to imply the Gigafactory is somehow a wildly risky, unproven venture and just another overly ambitious half-crazy Elon Musk idea that may never actually catch on. If Panasonic, Daimler, SDI, LG, BYD or of course Apple or Google hint at a rumor getting involved into stationary storage then it's the obvious future path, wise and a savvy business investment. Meanwhile Tesla is becoming the brand synonymous with making the very best electric cars, charging network and now the Powerwall for you home.

Last edited:
It's amusing how they never fail to imply the Gigafactory is somehow a wildly risky, unproven venture and just another overly ambitious half-crazy Elon Musk idea that may never actually catch on. If Panasonic, Daimler, SDI, LG, BYD or of course Apple or Google hint at a rumor getting involved into stationary storage then it's the obvious future path, wise and a savvy business investment. Meanwhile Tesla is becoming the brand synonymous with making the very best electric cars, charging network and now the Powerwall for you home.

As far as overly ambitious half-crazy ideas go, Elon Musk actually has a pretty good track record... :smile:

For Oncor, Texas battery plan fizzles | Dallas Morning News

CEO Bob Shapard, touting an agreement with the technology company Tesla, said the company was willing to invest $2 billion to make it happen.

Seven months later, the proposal has come to a grinding halt. When the Texas Legislature deregulated the state’s power market back in 1999, it prohibited transmission companies from owning generation and vice versa. Under the letter of the law, batteries are considered generation. And if Oncor were to move forward, it would need the law rewritten. But the proposal quickly drew objections from power generators worried that Oncor was infringing on their turf and questions over costs to ratepayers. In the end, Oncor failed to find a legislator in Austin to so much as introduce a bill on its behalf.

The amusing thing to me is that for all the vaunted business-friendliness of Texas, and for how horrible people love to say it is to do business in California, all the businesses I've invested in and which have given me average 40% returns for the last 15 years have not only been headquartered in California, but one of them is literally being regulated out of Texas, the state that talks so much about how bad regulation is.

This is my response whenever anyone says California is overregulated.

The amusing thing to me is that for all the vaunted business-friendliness of Texas, and for how horrible people love to say it is to do business in California, all the businesses I've invested in and which have given me average 40% returns for the last 15 years have not only been headquartered in California, but one of them is literally being regulated out of Texas, the state that talks so much about how bad regulation is.

This is my response whenever anyone says California is overregulated.

To be fair though Texas is a warm and cozy protected nesting grounds for the auto dealers, oil and fracking interests along the the power generators operating the peaker plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.