Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be fair as far as excess inventory goes in China Elon himself commented they have excess inventory to work through there.
Tesla boss Elon Musk t give up China market | South China Morning Post

"China is the only place on earth where we have excess inventory. We are essentially selling cars that speculators ordered but we were unable to deliver,"

I'm pretty sure that is a legitimate quote from his last visit. Now they may be selling plenty of P85Ds for all we know but having a hard time finding buyers for P85s. In that case all the inventory will be left over from last year and it may be more useful for Tesla to use it for warehouse lines of credit than trying to sell it too quickly.

Of course, but this has been known since the conference call. I would hardly call it news. If Barcley's do come out with a negative note I hope the found it on something that hasn't already been thoroughly explained and addressed by Tesla.

LOL. :biggrin:

Only Realist = Realist

I believe they were only referencing the Twitter account, not the TMC account name "Realist" unless you are claiming ownership of the Twitter account as well? Either way... I really don't see how it matters what Ingenieur's twitter account name is, or if he is trying to push an ulterior motive (or not)... doesn't really matter as there is plenty of other people out there with a lot more fire power than some random internet guy to drive impact on the stock price. Mark Speigel (Logical Thought) should be more than enough evidence of that one... and that guy actively attacks Elon's twitter.

First cardinal rule of the internet is Don't Feed the Trolls.

http://cheezburger.com/8214831360

- - - Updated - - -

This bear attack isn't strong enough. I'd like some more TSLA cheap, please.

Be careful what you ask for, haha! I remember everyone being quite sad about the lingering of the price when it was sitting at 200 forever... I would much rather us do a nice steady climb from here at least until we get back solidly above 260 and make 260 our new "bottom" as it were.

Here is a truly silly rumor:

From Briefing.com:

11:27 TSLA Tesla Motors ticks lower following rumors of Apple (AAPL) taking a stake in Fiat Chrysler (FCAU) (246.53 -2.31)

Let's see, Chrysler is the least competitive US car maker; Fiat has backward-looking management (recall CEO Marchionne actually discouraging purchase of its Fiat 500 EV in the US), both are union and pension liability laden. A total culture clash with Apple. I'd like to see the source of these "rumors", as I'll bet they're zero credibility.

I'm storing this one for the next time someone tells me it's unfair that Tesla benefits from subsidies...

Fossil fuel subsidies in numbers

FuelSubs_Numbers-3-0-0.png

Fossil fuel subsidies – how the costs break down

FuelSubs_Components-3-0-0.png

Top fossil fuel subsidies by country

FuelSubs_Top5-3-0-0.png

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...es-getting-10m-a-minute-in-subsidies-says-imf

Here is a truly silly rumor:

From Briefing.com:

11:27 TSLA Tesla Motors ticks lower following rumors of Apple (AAPL) taking a stake in Fiat Chrysler (FCAU) (246.53 -2.31)

Let's see, Chrysler is the least competitive US car maker; Fiat has backward-looking management (recall CEO Marchionne actually discouraging purchase of its Fiat 500 EV in the US), both are union and pension liability laden. A total culture clash with Apple. I'd like to see the source of these "rumors", as I'll bet they're zero credibility.

So 2 negative reports and an Apple rumor and we are only down $1. And that is after we only broke into the $240s last week. Well, I would say that is a complete failure of a bear attack and that it is an extremely bullish sign. But I am biased.

Carl Icahn wrote a letter to Apple extolling opportunity to change the world and calling on Apple to enter the EV space.

StreetInsider digest:

Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE: FCAU) shares were in focus following Carl Icahn's open letter to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL).

"At $1.6 trillion, the enormous addressable market for new cars is approximately four times the size of the smartphone market. It’s estimated that people spend an average of 1 hour every day traveling, mostly in cars, but not everyone drives, implying that the average time that daily commuters spend in a car is much higher. We believe the rumors that Apple will introduce an Apple-branded car by 2020, and we believe it is no coincidence that many believe visibility on autonomous driving will gain material traction by then," said Icahn.

The hedge fund manager added, "The rising cost of oil, its impact on global warming, the geopolitical risks associated with oil dependency (especially as fuel for automobiles), followed more recently by the rise of cost effective alternatives presents a “change the world” opportunity for Apple. It is widely believed that the electric battery will play a key role in this transition. The lithium-ion battery already represents a critical component across many of Apple’s existing products (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, MacBook, Beats) and any further innovation could be a “game changer” in terms of both battery life and form factor across Apple’s entire ecosystem. Since lithium-ion batteries represent a large percentage of the cost of today’s electric vehicle, we believe Apple should be well positioned to leverage its existing knowledge domain and more robust R&D spending in this area, and in turn apply any energy density / battery life improvements for a car across all the other products in its ecosystem that will share the benefit from such battery innovation (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, MacBook, Beats)."

This may indeed be the start of a bear attack. They use repetition of nonsense to try to give the impression of it being common sense. While TSLA is doing well today, we aren't really into the repetition phase. I'm sure they'll be scouring the new Elon biography tomorrow for anything they can reconstitute into FUD, just as they scoured the 10-K a couple of months ago and Bjorn's Tesla loving videos last week. Given that we are unlikely to see a reveal of the Model X until July, the bears may see the next several weeks as a window of opportunity. If we do see a large outbreak of FUD near term, Elon speaking at the annual meeting in three weeks might wash it away. So, sure, maybe the bears do present another brief opportunity to buy in the 220s.

Interesting that the Barclay report quotes a "$230" share price. It hasn't been 230 since May 6 - day of the earnings report over a week ago. I wonder when the report was originally released.

Tesla: Battery Opportunity Will Investors Still See $190 in Autos? - Stocks to Watch - Barrons.com

Based on the projections for residential solar penetration from our Utilities colleague Dan Ford, we see even in an optimistic case (that is, solar 3x our colleagues’ base case and a sizeable niche for luxury off-grid houses), US residential using up less than 1GWh of the 15GWh gigafactory output earmarked for stationary storage – leading to a big hole to fill from residential arbitrage markets, non-US residential markets and utility-scale grid storage applications…

So Dan is calculating 3X (our colleagues'?) residential bast case model and no Powerpack commercial sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.