Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems very odd. Any precedent for this? I don't recall ever hearing about an "embargo" on past calls / events....

It's common place for many industries. Tesla probably wants to prevent misinformation in things like live-blogs and tweets. They will probably do a press release after. I prefer it this way so no pie in the sky interpretations are made. This is especially true because it's a quiet period.

Nasdaq AH trading positive so far, up a bit, 0.46%, to $217.88 (link).

With New Software Rollout, Tesla Accelerates Toward Fully Self-Driving Cars (link).

Already fleet of 60 000 hardware enabled Model S delivered that are able to install autopilot SW version 7.0.
Updates in NA, Europe and Asia during next days/weeks.
However, it released figures earlier this month that showed its new SUV release led to a 49 percent annual spike in sales.

BTW there are now more than 14 000 employees working at Tesla Motors.

Update:
Nasdaq AH trading now down a bit to $216.85 (link).

Last edited:
particularly with respect to integration with GPS and crowd sourced mapping.

I had suspicion that the Energy->Trip view was proof that crowd-sourcing of data was already being put to use. When it first came out, it was not very accurate, but after the first update, it got to be VERY accurate.

Eerily accurate. And I wished someone would tell us exactly how they were doing it.

Guys: this is one of those information advantage arbitrage situations that we constantly look for in short term trading. Mark my words: it will take some time for this to sink in with the market and the average investor. To most this will be surprising news. To us it's not news (but very cool to get the nitty gritty details). The autopilot functions themselves, the integration in the car UI and especially the crowdsourcing and 10s of thousands of cars out gathering data every day is HUGE! Just wait until the first analyst puts a value on this.

If TSLA opens up 1% and trades flat the whole day tomorrow; please don't doubt yourselves - this is one of those situations where we have a jump on the market (information and understanding wise)! With TSLA having slid below $220 I was a buyer today (of LEAPs). Good luck all!

Status
Not open for further replies.