Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I wait to install the Wall Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do it now to avoid any surprises that might sabotage your new car experience. If possible, have a friend come over and test the charging, too, to make absolutely sure that it’s working fine. That way, it’s smooth sailing when your car arrives.

You should consider waiting until you get the car. If you are unhappy with your vehicle you are able to return it to Tesla within 7 days and <1,000 miles. You may drive the car some and realize it's simply not for you. It happens. It would be an unfortunate situation to find yourself in after spending time and money getting a Wall Connector installed only to have it removed and sell it.

I have an appointment for the wall connector to be installed in early September. It will be 10-12 feet from the breaker box, depending on the location of a suitable stud, and on the same wall as the box. Installation will include a 60A breaker.

the estimate is for $200 max.
Wow great price. I called multiple places and price ranges from $750-1700 depending how far the has to run the wires. I did not go with Tesla wall charger from Tesla just a 240/50A plug

Wow great price. I called multiple places and price ranges from $750-1700 depending how far the has to run the wires. I did not go with Tesla wall charger from Tesla just a 240/50A plug
Same guy installed a 220/50 for $150 a year or so ago. It has a ChargePoint plugged into it. I'm going to try to sell the ChargePoint on eBay or Craig's list after I get my M3.

I would wait too. If you don't like the car, don't take delivery for whatever reason, you didn't waste the money.

Yes that is the way I think, as well.

I don't want anything to prevent me from saying no. I'm not buying anything beforehand - carpet pads, charging cables, remote, trunk and frunk pads.

I will get a usb stick to test the sentinel mode. But that is it.

(close enough to) Perfect or no go.

• Funny
Reactions: smatthew and ucmndd
Thanks everyone. I texted my electrician, asking to schedule installation in the first week of September.
Good for you! I waited a few weeks and was able to charge through the 120V emergency plug found in the trunk. It takes for ever, but it gets the job done. And Congrats on your new Model 3! You'll love it! p.s. I still get light headed when I punch it! LOL Oh, FYI, look for a spare tire, they're about $450 and come with a jack and a really nice heavy duty carrying bag.

$200 for the install is a steal. Worst case, the same electrician comes back and removes the HPWC and installs a 14-50 plug for another $200, and you sell or return the HPWC.

I paid $500 for *each* of my two HPWCs, and that seemed low relative to other local quotes.