Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Skabooshka's Model 3 Production Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
28th

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 18.45.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 18.45.34.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 94
Going off of these numbers as of the July 28th data, here are the model 3 averages:
Daily = 496
Weekly = 3,473

If we eliminate the July 4th holiday and start with July 5th:
Daily = 562
Weekly = 3,936

Over the last 2 weeks (since July 15)
Daily = 579
Weekly = 4,055

I'm pretty happy with a 4,000/week average for July (not including 4th of July holiday.) It would be great if Tesla could average 5,000+/week for August, but that might be a little optimistic. We'll see. Bottom line is that they are sustaining 4,000/week and pushing sporadically into 5,000/week. I don't know that this will have much effect on the stock price short-term, since they are not yet sustaining 5,000/week, even though they are getting very close.

Going off of these numbers as of the July 28th data, here are the model 3 averages:
Daily = 496
Weekly = 3,473

If we eliminate the July 4th holiday and start with July 5th:
Daily = 562
Weekly = 3,936

Over the last 2 weeks (since July 15)
Daily = 579
Weekly = 4,055

I'm pretty happy with a 4,000/week average for July (not including 4th of July holiday.) It would be great if Tesla could average 5,000+/week for August, but that might be a little optimistic. We'll see. Bottom line is that they are sustaining 4,000/week and pushing sporadically into 5,000/week. I don't know that this will have much effect on the stock price short-term, since they are not yet sustaining 5,000/week, even though they are getting very close.
I don't think it's a good idea to reference these numbers from someone like skabooshka. It fits his narrative perfectly. I guess we'll find out Wednesday.

The more I think I about it, the more I think that it would be unusual for someone in the know at Tesla to be emailing daily production updates to a number of other people at Tesla.

1. I think word would get out about Skabooshka posting the numbers and Tesla would stop emailing them out if they were. And if the numbers were being sent without Tesla’s permission, it would be easy for them to find out who’s doing it.

2. Tesla has traditionally been very tight-lipped about production numbers. Why would they suddenly start sending them out daily to various employees?

3. If related to the 3 ramp, why would they also send S and X numbers out? Those are pretty much at steady-state production, so the numbers would not be helpful for the ramp.

4. Anyone who would need these numbers would have access to the daily numbers posted inside the factory. Just wouldn’t make sense for Tesla to email them out.

I know that augkuo confirmed the numbers one day from a separate source, but it’s possible that person was using Skabooshka’s numbers as a source.

Looking at the comments over there, most of those guys look like they’re just losers with no life and no girlfriends who live in their mom’s basement and use Tesla to play out their fantasy of not having qualified for the special forces.

Seriously, they’re writing plans for “recon missions” to scope out for the Lathrop storage lot. They refer to their aerial recon of that lot as missions. Literally the kind of stuff I did with my friends when we were 12 and played with toy guns
with the orange safety tip.

It’s really given me some great laughs. It’s a bunch of fat guys playing guns in their basement, and when they look in the mirror, they see Rambo.

The more I think I about it, the more I think that it would be unusual for someone in the know at Tesla to be emailing daily production updates to a number of other people at Tesla.

1. I think word would get out about Skabooshka posting the numbers and Tesla would stop emailing them out if they were. And if the numbers were being sent without Tesla’s permission, it would be easy for them to find out who’s doing it.

2. Tesla has traditionally been very tight-lipped about production numbers. Why would they suddenly start sending them out daily to various employees?

3. If related to the 3 ramp, why would they also send S and X numbers out? Those are pretty much at steady-state production, so the numbers would not be helpful for the ramp.

4. Anyone who would need these numbers would have access to the daily numbers posted inside the factory. Just wouldn’t make sense for Tesla to email them out.

I know that augkuo confirmed the numbers one day from a separate source, but it’s possible that person was using Skabooshka’s numbers as a source.

Looking at the comments over there, most of those guys look like they’re just losers with no life and no girlfriends who live in their mom’s basement and use Tesla to play out their fantasy of not having qualified for the special forces.

Seriously, they’re writing plans for “recon missions” to scope out for the Lathrop storage lot. They refer to their aerial recon of that lot as missions. Literally the kind of stuff I did with my friends when we were 12 and played with toy guns

It’s really given me some great laughs. It’s a bunch of fat guys playing guns in their basement, and when they look in the mirror, they see Rambo.
I debunked skabooshka in a separate post a while ago... not sure why people still follow his numbers.

Reactions: neroden

Sorry, seems I missed discussions about who he and his brother are. Link?

Sorry, seems I missed discussions about who he and his brother are. Link?

Oddly I can’t find the post right now. It was here at TMC and I saw it yesterday morning. Haven’t found it yet. It was a link to a screenshot of some research someone did on Twitter. Seemed to show pretty clear evidence.

Short story is that he is a PhD candidate at U. of Michigan and his brother works for VW or Porsche in Europe. Will try to find later if I’m able.

Reactions: ZachShahan
Oddly I can’t find the post right now. It was here at TMC and I saw it yesterday morning. Haven’t found it yet. It was a link to a screenshot of some research someone did on Twitter. Seemed to show pretty clear evidence.

Short story is that he is a PhD candidate at U. of Michigan and his brother works for VW or Porsche in Europe. Will try to find later if I’m able.

Thanks. Good enough. :)

Keep in mind that this is the short seller who at the end of Q2 falsely claimed Tesla had stopped producing S and X in order to get to 5K/week Model 3:

skabooshka‏ @skabooshka Jun 26
$TSLA is now only producing model 3s - no S/X. This is what it takes to produce model 3s in quantity. And this rate of production cannot be sustained.

23 replies20 retweets102 likes

Show this thread

On June 29 he doubled down on this and retweeted a post claiming that Tesla had a max production capacity of 5K/week for S/X and 3, implying no S and X could be produced to get to 5K/week Model 3.

This was contradicted two days later by an internal email from Elon confirming 5K/week Model 3 and 2K/week S/X had been produced in the last week of June. Tesla reaches Model 3 production milestone and record 7,000-car week total production, says Elon Musk

After he was outed as a liar, he didn't contradict Tesla's claims re the S and X, and instead had the nerve to claim that his S/X numbers, "which he had neglected to post" were also accurate,

skabooshka‏ @skabooshka Jul 1
I believe these numbers have been proven to be accurate, corroborated by Reuters reporting that the 5k number was nearly achieved, but only actually achieved about 5 hours after EoQ. My S/X numbers, which I neglected to post, were also accurate.

3 replies1 retweet12 likes​

This guy is totally untrustworthy, a proven liar from his own twitter account.

Even if on some days his estimates are reasonably accurate, they will become inaccurate whenever it is in his interest as a short seller for them to be. This week, for example, would be a great time for him to lie about the numbers going into the Q2 report.

I give zero credence to his numbers.

Edit: I see @TSLA_Hopeful made the same point in the Market Action thread, linked above.

Hopefully useful for people to see it spelled out here as well since some still seem to be giving his numbers credence when he is obviously a liar.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this is the short seller who at the end of Q2 falsely claimed Tesla had stopped producing S and X in order to get to 5K/week Model 3:

skabooshka‏ @skabooshka Jun 26
$TSLA is now only producing model 3s - no S/X. This is what it takes to produce model 3s in quantity. And this rate of production cannot be sustained.

23 replies20 retweets102 likes

Show this thread

On June 29 he doubled down on this and retweeted a post claiming that Tesla had a max production capacity of 5K/week for S/X and 3, implying no S and X could be produced to get to 5K/week Model 3.

This was contradicted two days later by an internal email from Elon confirming 5K/week Model 3 and 2K/week S/X had been produced in the last week of June. Tesla reaches Model 3 production milestone and record 7,000-car week total production, says Elon Musk

After he was outed as a liar, he didn't contradict Tesla's claims re the S and X, and instead had the nerve to claim that his S/X numbers, "which he had neglected to post" were also accurate,

skabooshka‏ @skabooshka Jul 1
I believe these numbers have been proven to be accurate, corroborated by Reuters reporting that the 5k number was nearly achieved, but only actually achieved about 5 hours after EoQ. My S/X numbers, which I neglected to post, were also accurate.

3 replies1 retweet12 likes​

This guy is totally untrustworthy, a proven liar from his own twitter account.

Even if on some days his estimates are reasonably accurate, they will become inaccurate whenever it is in his interest as a short seller for them to be. This week, for example, would be a great time for him to lie about the numbers going into the Q2 report.

I give zero credence to his numbers.

Edit: I see @TSLA_Hopeful made the same point in the Market Action thread, linked above.

Hopefully useful for people to see it spelled out here as well since some still seem to be giving his numbers credence when he is obviously a liar.
Keep preaching brother!

What we think is motivating skabooshka to post these numbers? It seems to be an effort to justify previous claims, to prove that they have accurate data. It may also be an attempt to attack people to follow the Twitter feed and thereby get a stead does of the Tesla fraud propaganda. Both of these motives does not particularly motivate using false numbers. But a third motive could be to build credibility so that future manipulations are assumed to be credible.

I believe we should be watching this, not because it is a reliable source, but to make sure it does not become a sham. If the data reported begins to contradict Tesla we need to identify the gap and counteract it. Of course this sort of propagandist could just as well hold that the contradiction with Tesla is just "proof" that Tesla is a fraud. So it is very important that this entity not gain too much credibility, not so much as to usurp Tesla as the most authorative source of Tesla data. For this reason, it may be prudent for Tesla to do weekly or monthly production reporting. It is not good to allow bears to fill the gap for investors.