Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipping Delivery Dates for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been doing some gentle prodding of local government and businesses to see what can be done :) I dobbed Sovereign Hill in via the destination charger suggestion page and I know Tesla has contacted them over it. Fingers crossed they consider superchargers instead, it'd be a nice location for them.

I also reached out to Acciona (who run the Waubra Wind Farm) and suggested they add EV charging to their information centre just near Waubra, they emailed me back saying they're going to look into it. Not an ideal location but I thought it'd be cool to be able to charge up in the middle of a wind farm and I know they are always looking for ways to pay back the local community.

And I also emailed Hepburn Wind in Daylesford to say they should put in some Tesla charging in Daylesford and they replied saying they were already in the process of doing it so I'd say Daylesford should have a charging point of some kind soon (it might end up being a J1772, but we'll see).

Nice work! All I've done is had a chat with Ballarat Provedore on the Western Fwy near the exit into Ballarat and they seemed open to the idea so sent details on to Tesla Aus. That was a few months ago though so I might follow it up again but had thought Tesla would end up putting it where they put it. It seemed like a good spot for a supercharger though, lots of carparks, 24 hour amenities at the nearby restaurants /servos, near a large population (Ballarat) and just off a the hwy on the way to Adelaide plus close to halfway between Melb and Horsham (sort of) so I thought was the obvious spot. But when it comes to destination chargers, they can be anywhere so shopping centres, tourist spots should definitely get on board. We spend a bit of time in Daylesford so great to hear there might be some options there soon.

Nice work! All I've done is had a chat with Ballarat Provedore on the Western Fwy near the exit into Ballarat and they seemed open to the idea so sent details on to Tesla Aus. That was a few months ago though so I might follow it up again but had thought Tesla would end up putting it where they put it. It seemed like a good spot for a supercharger though, lots of carparks, 24 hour amenities at the nearby restaurants /servos, near a large population (Ballarat) and just off a the hwy on the way to Adelaide plus close to halfway between Melb and Horsham (sort of) so I thought was the obvious spot. But when it comes to destination chargers, they can be anywhere so shopping centres, tourist spots should definitely get on board. We spend a bit of time in Daylesford so great to hear there might be some options there soon.

Ballarat Provedore would definitely be a great location for some superchargers

Nice . . .my D-day also set.
Arrived in service dept yesterday, and will be delivered tomorrow.
Guys at Melbourne Tesla have done an AWESOME job. Special thanks to James.
Best Customer Service on the planet. I'll send you a photo Richard ;)

Great!
I wonder if our cars were on the same boat?
Being in the Gold Coast means mine has to get transported to here which means more time.

Nice . . .my D-day also set.
Arrived in service dept yesterday, and will be delivered tomorrow.
Guys at Melbourne Tesla have done an AWESOME job. Special thanks to James.
Best Customer Service on the planet. I'll send you a photo Richard ;)

Agreed, James was great with my delivery.... In fact the whole process from start to finish and my continually changing my mind even after the 7 days ;-)

My 70D is finally built so tedious wait until it arrives end of July-early August? What is typical time from production to delivery?

Already checking My Tesla way too much............ understand how painful the wait is, going insane!

Yep, mine too. I ordered a couple of days before the model 3 announcement, so passed the halfway mark of waiting at least. Was told today it's rolled off the assembly line and they'll let me know as soon as it's scheduled on it's cruise. Was told they'll have a clearer idea of a delivery date and to schedule a collection time as soon as they find out.

My 70D is finally built so tedious wait until it arrives

I know, the wait is just excruciating . . . . but its worth it !
D - day was today
BTW Bullet 1 the 70D is FANTASTIC heaps of fun, just arrived back from another drive :)
and you get the facelift as well.

Poor Richard won't sleep a wink tonight;)
Nova Delivery Day.jpg

Yep, mine too. I ordered a couple of days before the model 3 announcement, so passed the halfway mark of waiting at least. Was told today it's rolled off the assembly line and they'll let me know as soon as it's scheduled on it's cruise. Was told they'll have a clearer idea of a delivery date and to schedule a collection time as soon as they find out.

Aww, mine is still in Order Confirmed so maybe I didn't make it into this RHD production run - although I did initially get an early/mid August delivery estimate.