Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipping Delivery Dates for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aww, mine is still in Order Confirmed so maybe I didn't make it into this RHD production run - although I did initially get an early/mid August delivery estimate.

Online mine is still giving me the same status (hasn't changed for two+ weeks) but had an email from James late today, am sure yours wouldn't be far off either. Seems like there are few a part of the same RHD batch about to be shipped. I'm going to be OS for a few weeks late July, so there is a good chance it will arrive and I won't even be able to pick it up! :confused:

Did you end up changing the interior highlights to the carbon Brad?

I ask because I just had mine wrapped in carbon black, looks nice and now I don't have continual dust to look at ;-)

Nice! I made a change to my order (dropped the Tesla wheel upgrade and have ordered T-Sportline 20" wheels instead) and in doing that my interior had to change to the Dark Ash Wood, which I like the look of. Will have the same problem and attract the dust, fingerprints and micro scratches etc but I like the glossy look. Wrap sound like a good solution though, nice way to freshen it up, might look into that when I get sick of dusting! Who did the interior wrap for you?

Brad, Nathan suggested I get a clear wrap which will protect so when you do clean it wont show the scratches....I tossed up between this and the carbon look....

Good one with the T-Sportline 20" wheels...they look really nice and I think 20" is a real sweet spot between looks, handling and economy...

I reckon same boat. Do they have to get someone up from Syd or Melb to do the handover, or is there someone in Qld to do it?

Good question. No idea.

I do have a question for the Tesla owners here in the Gold Coast. Did you get yours delivered to your house? I was told mine was going to get delivered to my house or place of work (I chose house). BUT I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that someone had to go to Brisbane to Autosomethingorother to pick up their model S.

Brad, Nathan suggested I get a clear wrap which will protect so when you do clean it wont show the scratches....I tossed up between this and the carbon look....

Good one with the T-Sportline 20" wheels...they look really nice and I think 20" is a real sweet spot between looks, handling and economy...

Ah, yep that's a good option. I might have to invest in a feather duster.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 20" wheels go, hoping it's a nice compromise. Tesla offer this size turbine on the MX and would loved it to be an option for the MS as they have them, would have been great to keep it OEM. It occurred to me though if I want to use the Resale Guarentee I'll need to return the MS with the wheels it comes with so have nixed plans to sell the standard 19"s. Bit of a pain and now I'll have to store them etc.

Good question. No idea.

I do have a question for the Tesla owners here in the Gold Coast. Did you get yours delivered to your house? I was told mine was going to get delivered to my house or place of work (I chose house). BUT I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that someone had to go to Brisbane to Autosomethingorother to pick up their model S.

I thought pickup of vehicle was at "Nexus" in Brissy, but I was told 3-4 weeks ago that my car would be delivered to my door. Not sure on current status though.

If was driven down by delivery agent I would prefer to pick up myself. If on tilt tray to my door would be ok. Anyone with experience can add details?

Ah, yep that's a good option. I might have to invest in a feather duster.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 20" wheels go, hoping it's a nice compromise. Tesla offer this size turbine on the MX and would loved it to be an option for the MS as they have them, would have been great to keep it OEM. It occurred to me though if I want to use the Resale Guarentee I'll need to return the MS with the wheels it comes with so have nixed plans to sell the standard 19"s. Bit of a pain and now I'll have to store them etc.

I plan to run around on 21s and keep the 19s for the road trips we have planned. I don't mind having to spend a bit of time to swap them over and it will only help motivate me to clear out the garage somewhat!!

Reactions: bradjc
interior had to change to the Dark Ash Wood, which I like the look of. Will have the same problem and attract the dust, fingerprints and micro scratches etc
Not so Bradjc, I got the new Figured Ash and it's a matt wood-look and wood-texture finish, ( not with a thick clear coat like the obeche wood) you will not need to put a wrap on it.
Like you I had to order it sight unseen because there aren't any samples in Oz, very happy.
I'm going to Ballarat on Sunday morning, wave me down on the highway to see it.

Sorry for the late reply, been out driving all day (hands free of course).

Not so Bradjc, I got the new Figured Ash and it's a matt wood-look and wood-texture finish, ( not with a thick clear coat like the obeche wood) you will not need to put a wrap on it.
Like you I had to order it sight unseen because there aren't any samples in Oz, very happy.
I'm going to Ballarat on Sunday morning, wave me down on the highway to see it.

Sorry for the late reply, been out driving all day (hands free of course).

I had a look at the now standard Dark Ash Wood in the refreshed S in the Richmond SC and its the high gloss finish like the old Piano Black, very similar I think, just slight hint of grain going through it but the same glossy finish. I haven't seen Figured Ash in the flesh though, would love to it check out and I'm only just off the hwy on your way to Ballarat too! But unfortunately not around this weekend. Damn, would loved to have checked out your ride, the wait for mine is killing me!

I know, the wait is just excruciating . . . . but its worth it !
D - day was today
BTW Bullet 1 the 70D is FANTASTIC heaps of fun, just arrived back from another drive :)
and you get the facelift as well.

Poor Richard won't sleep a wink tonight;)View attachment 181096
It has arrived Hooray ! !

Great drive home hands free in M2 peak hour traffic. Set it at 7 car lengths back and just relax ! Acceleration is great !

Definitely creates an impression on people.

Looking forward to a few trips now !

BTW looking in the showroom and at Novatec's photo, I reckon dark colours are the go with the facelifted Model S.

20160617_165343.jpg

It has arrived Hooray ! !

Great drive home hands free in M2 peak hour traffic. Set it at 7 car lengths back and just relax ! Acceleration is great !

Definitely creates an impression on people.

Looking forward to a few trips now !

BTW looking in the showroom and at Novatec's photo, I reckon dark colours are the go with the facelifted Model S.

View attachment 181313

If I'd known it was you picking up your car I would have said hello! I was at the service centre when you were taking delivery and was parked just outside the delivery suites.

Reactions: RichardMcN
Dark Ash Wood

Hi Bradjc
OK, Apologies, Dark Ash Wood wasn't available when I placed the order in April (day 1 of the facelift announcement) .
I've just checked out the Design Studio, its there now and now know what you mean.

FYI , I did a carbon fibre wrap on the dash inserts on my new AMG and it looks fine.
Had it done by a guy on the AMG forum (does paint protection as well) and looks good.

Hope your ride arrives soon. Its well worth the wait.;)