Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon now out in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still thinking the main use case for smart summon is when it is pouring rain. The car coming to you will mean you get less wet. I admit that is a limited use case.
I imagined one day my car will drop me at a venue's entrance. Then it's off its way looking for its own parking space. When I am leaving the place it would come to pick me up from wherever it parked.

Or by that time, I wouldn't be owning a car. A robotaxi would come and pick me up instead, in the busy parking lot. Or perhaps, by that time, there would be no parking lot.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful world?

Reactions: Hairyman
I imagined one day my car will drop me at a venue's entrance. Then it's off its way looking for its own parking space. When I am leaving the place it would come to pick me up from wherever it parked.

Or by that time, I wouldn't be owning a car. A robotaxi would come and pick me up instead, in the busy parking lot. Or perhaps, by that time, there would be no parking lot.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful world?
I’m not sure why you think not owning a car and always using a filthy smelly taxi is a wonderful world? Putting the word robo in front wont make them cleaner or more pleasant to be in.

I’m not sure why you think not owning a car and always using a filthy smelly taxi is a wonderful world? Putting the word robo in front wont make them cleaner or more pleasant to be in.
Someone mentioned that out good point to me once before. I hardly use any taxi services so I wouldn't have much thought about it.

I also hardly drive. And the thought of owning no car had come across my mind so may time before I reserved this car.

Perhaps there would be a system where the car can detect vomit or bodily fluids. And it allows you to choose ones that are clean. Or a premium service of sort, golden member robotaxi ... Imagine ....

I don't believe smart summon is a gimmick, it's a beta testing version of FSD and this kind of driving completes the percentage of driving that AP and Nav on AP can't currently do. With all 3 together, this makes up a very raw form of FSD that still needs refinement but they have to start somewhere.
It's been a long wait for Tesla to put resources into FSD as many of us paid years ago but I understand the Model 3 production ramp was do or die and at least now some real FSD feature are becoming available.