Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was on your trade in, this is on my Tesla, they actually seemed to drive it from Lansing, MI to Cleveland

You're a lawyer. Just giving you a heads up so you can prepare your rebuttal :). You should be able to get $1/mile off on the car. That seems to be Tesla's standard depreciation. That's also about the value I lost on my car.

So half the miles was getting it to Cleveland. The other half was their lawyer using it, probably showing off the acceleration to friends before he gives up the car. That would really annoy me. Once the car is sold, they should STOP USING IT.

Last edited:
That was on your trade in, this is on my Tesla, they actually seemed to drive it from Lansing, MI to Cleveland

Well not yet, what is going on with yours?

Don't really have any idea. On 9/28 they told me it had left on a 3rd party shipper that they did not have the ability to track.

I've called in a couple times since then. Sometimes they say they will check and call back (they dont) or send me an email update (they dont). Eventually I just called periodically until someone answered, but they didn't have any new information (that was a week ago). I'm going out of town tomorrow for a week, so I'm ?hopeful? that it might be here when I get back, or at least by the end of October?

Either that or my car never really existed, or has been sold to someone else. I'm not sure how you can lose track of a car for 2 months or not have any ability to have an update on its progress over a 2 week period when it's supposedly being actively transported.

You're a lawyer. Just giving you a heads up so you can prepare your rebuttal :). You should be able to get $1/mile off on the car. That seems to be Tesla's standard depreciation. That's also about the value I lost on my car.

So half the miles was getting it to Cleveland. The other half was their lawyer using it, probably showing off the acceleration to friends before he gives up the car. That would really annoy me. Once the car is sold, they should STOP USING IT.

i only received $.25 per mile driven after i ordered the car

I don't know whether it was time, distance, or something else, but they put on an extra 40-ish miles onto my inventory (test drive) P90D between my order and when they grounded it. The result was an additional $250 off. Not a lot, but a nice steak dinner or two :D

Reactions: davidc18
Don't really have any idea. On 9/28 they told me it had left on a 3rd party shipper that they did not have the ability to track.

I've called in a couple times since then. Sometimes they say they will check and call back (they dont) or send me an email update (they dont). Eventually I just called periodically until someone answered, but they didn't have any new information (that was a week ago). I'm going out of town tomorrow for a week, so I'm ?hopeful? that it might be here when I get back, or at least by the end of October?

Either that or my car never really existed, or has been sold to someone else. I'm not sure how you can lose track of a car for 2 months or not have any ability to have an update on its progress over a 2 week period when it's supposedly being actively transported.

That is nuts. This model is not scale-able at all.

i only received $.25 per mile driven after i ordered the car

How many did they put on yours between order and delivery?

I don't know whether it was time, distance, or something else, but they put on an extra 40-ish miles onto my inventory (test drive) P90D between my order and when they grounded it. The result was an additional $250 off. Not a lot, but a nice steak dinner or two :D

$250 for 40 miles means mine could be many steak dinners if we did the math. That is like $6 per mile. I would expect up to 50 miles.

Reactions: sbtz and davidc18

i think that's a great deal! mine was quoted with 541 mi (it was in San Jose's store) and then immediately transported to Fremont and sat there awaiting pickup. upon delivery in San Diego, it was exactly 600. i wish i had asked for $250 now :rolleyes:

but yeah for anything more than 50-100 miles, i would definitely raise a stink ... @GT - how come you didn't request delivery to your local SvC? i think on most, if not all, of the 9/30 deals, they waived the $1200 d&d fee and any delivery charges.

sorry i have not read all the pages of the thread so maybe i missed it ...

Already working on it, right now they quoted me $116 which is $0.25 per mile. That isn't going to fly.

i think that's a great deal! mine was quoted with 541 mi (it was in San Jose's store) and then immediately transported to Fremont and sat there awaiting pickup. upon delivery in San Diego, it was exactly 600. i wish i had asked for $250 now :rolleyes:

but yeah for anything more than 50-100 miles, i would definitely raise a stink ... @GT - how come you didn't request delivery to your local SvC? i think on most, if not all, of the 9/30 deals, they waived the $1200 d&d fee and any delivery charges.

sorry i have not read all the pages of the thread so maybe i missed it ...

I did, I originally offered the flight to make it so they could hit EOQ and I was going to fly to Chicago to pick it up on 9/30 but they couldn't make the window. hen they needed to get approval to waive it now, which they did if they can't hit 10/15. My girlfriend and I were willing to go to Chicago to pick it up see the city and drive it back as we are out of town the following two weeks and wanted to make a fun little trip with the car. They then switched to Cleveland, which I don't have an argument against because the car was listed as Ohio when reserved. So we are still doing the trip, seeing friends in KY and doing a few distilleries and then hitting up Nashville and Chattanooga then Atlanta on Monday.

Latest update, they are saying the discount is what it is and there isn't anything else they can do. Kevin, my OA, says maybe he can get me a jacket. A bit ridiculous to be honest considering they have screwed up delivery, moved delivery location, been unsure of time, screwed up the final payment due and overcharged me, screwed up the lease documents 2x, and the miles being way over. The distance from Lansing to Cleveland is ~250 mi.

I know it isn't Kevin's fault but this is a horrible experience. His reply, the car will be worth it. I told him they are really going to be screwed if they don't figure something out by Model 3 time.

• Informative
Reactions: Footer and davidc18
Latest update, they are saying the discount is what it is and there isn't anything else they can do. Kevin, my OA, says maybe he can get me a jacket. A bit ridiculous to be honest considering they have screwed up delivery, moved delivery location, been unsure of time, screwed up the final payment due and overcharged me, screwed up the lease documents 2x, and the miles being way over. The distance from Lansing to Cleveland is ~250 mi.

I know it isn't Kevin's fault but this is a horrible experience. His reply, the car will be worth it. I told him they are really going to be screwed if they don't figure something out by Model 3 time.

Even though my delivery went flawlessly, you brought up something I did at the SC when I delivered: "OMG, how are ya'll going to deal with the M3?!" The larger SC's I'm not so worried about, as they've got the space and just need to fill it with enough people. The PROCESSES..that's what worries me. The tracking down of cars, inventory processing, the shipment of them. Those are all going to have to be beefed up heavily in the next year or so.

Delivery went almost seamless. Need a new wheel, mirror cap, and interior hatch pieces. Charging now outside Columbus, OH
IMG_20161015_183216.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_114829.jpg
    IMG_20161015_114829.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
A brief PSA: Some Inv. cars had a limiter set on them when they were used as demos/loaners and it appears that sometimes (don't ask me how I know...), they forgot to remove the limiter when they sold/leased the car.

So, if you feel like your car is hitting a wall at 80-85mph, that could be why. This can be removed OTA, so not that big of a deal.

The fact that it took me over a month to notice goes to show the kind of gentle driver I have become as I got older I suppose.

A brief PSA: Some Inv. cars had a limiter set on them when they were used as demos/loaners and it appears that sometimes (don't ask me how I know...), they forgot to remove the limiter when they sold/leased the car.

So, if you feel like your car is hitting a wall at 80-85mph, that could be why. This can be removed OTA, so not that big of a deal.

The fact that it took me over a month to notice goes to show the kind of gentle driver I have become as I got older I suppose.

Wow... when we went to test drive the P85+ in 2013, my girlfriend hit the highway (with the sales associate in the back seat) and quickly hit 100mph.. I had to point it out to her ("oh Dear...") Even I didn't take it that fast during my test drive (but faster than 80, for sure!)

Wow... when we went to test drive the P85+ in 2013, my girlfriend hit the highway (with the sales associate in the back seat) and quickly hit 100mph.. I had to point it out to her ("oh Dear...") Even I didn't take it that fast during my test drive (but faster than 80, for sure!)

That's the funny thing, on my very first test drive @ the original Menlo Park location (years ago, right when Model S came out), I hit the limiter as soon as I got on the highway.

Fast forward a couple of years: I never bothered taking me current car for a test drive since these deals were very time sensitive and I had totally forgotten about limiters. My "fun moments" and demo drives for family and friends in the passenger seat were simple 0-70-ish runs on a back road and I never tried to push the car further...until recently.