Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is the one. Certainly wowed me before I knew any better.

In the video, I could clearly see the brake lights of the car 2 in front before the accident, simply because that car was in the leftmost portion of their lane. That could be Vision, or Radar that picked up on it and braked.

You guys will complain far less once you have access to FSDb over there. It's not perfect, not claiming that, but it's light-years better than the software stack you are running (which is essentially unchanged since 2016/2017).

In the video, I could clearly see the brake lights of the car 2 in front before the accident, simply because that car was in the leftmost portion of their lane. That could be Vision, or Radar that picked up on it and braked.

You guys will complain far less once you have access to FSDb over there. It's not perfect, not claiming that, but it's light-years better than the software stack you are running (which is essentially unchanged since 2016/2017).
Now you've gone and done it -- you have made positive comments about Tesla and you're from the USA. Here come the snipes...

Now you've gone and done it -- you have made positive comments about Tesla and you're from the USA. Here come the snipes...

Hey, I curse plenty at my cars. But I've driven pretty much ALL the alternative EVs (I travel a lot for work - I make it a point to rent out the competition when possible). Not counting charging, which Tesla is light-years ahead on that experience, the experience of the competition always leaves me wanting more.

And yes, I've experienced tons of phantom braking (present in the AP software stack on my P3D frequently, but not on the Y that runs FSDb). Some of us can be objective about this.

Anyway, I'm unsubing from this thread. Last time a conversation went down this route the UK boys piled on their hatred of Musk and conflated that with Tesla, and that I didn't know what I was talking about because FSDb could not possibly be better than anything BMW or Merc had.

Reactions: boombap and Bouba
This was a perfectly reasonable sentence, I thought….
We don’t pile on the hate of Musk, I think you’re being a bit unfair here.
The problem is that many USA posters jump to the defence of FSD performance (sometimes fairly aggressively) seemingly oblivious to the fact that, as you correctly pointed out, what we have here and what you have there are two distinct offerings.

So please don’t unsubscribe, it’s always good to the perspectives of people who have something we might get one day. Maybe. ;)

As the video is dated from 2016, it certainly wasn't Vision...

• Helpful
Reactions: bkp_duke
Anyway, I'm unsubing from this thread. Last time a conversation went down this route the UK boys piled on their hatred of Musk and conflated that with Tesla, and that I didn't know what I was talking about because FSDb could not possibly be better than anything BMW or Merc had.
Well it is a UK forum. Telling us how unbelievably brilliant FSD beta is really isn’t helpful. And we don’t all feel obliged to honour the Musk or Tesla with sycophantic hero worship, though there are plenty of people who do.

Reactions: Drew57
Literally all of them? Like every single EV ever made?

Those available in the US, yes, with the one exception being the Rimac (can't find anywhere to rent one and probably could not justify the cost on a business trip). Rivian's are my second favorite, they are making great strides and really value feedback from their customers and incorporate that.

Turo is great, you can rent just about anything.

Hey, I curse plenty at my cars. But I've driven pretty much ALL the alternative EVs (I travel a lot for work - I make it a point to rent out the competition when possible). Not counting charging, which Tesla is light-years ahead on that experience, the experience of the competition always leaves me wanting more.

And yes, I've experienced tons of phantom braking (present in the AP software stack on my P3D frequently, but not on the Y that runs FSDb). Some of us can be objective about this.

Well said....in fact the only reason for arguing with Brits for me is that I get an instant reply...otherwise I have to wait till America wakes up 😃

This was a perfectly reasonable sentence, I thought….
We don’t pile on the hate of Musk, I think you’re being a bit unfair here.
The problem is that many USA posters jump to the defence of FSD performance (sometimes fairly aggressively) seemingly oblivious to the fact that, as you correctly pointed out, what we have here and what you have there are two distinct offerings.

So please don’t unsubscribe, it’s always good to the perspectives of people who have something we might get one day. Maybe. ;)

3 posts below yours, it seems to pile on some hate, but each to their own. Just don't expect some of us that consider ourselves reasonably objective to not call it out when someone can't separate their hatred for Elon from objective analysis of the software and user experience.

But regardless, I have read some reports that there are a very limited number of FSDb testers in the UK, probably collecting data for a larger release. No idea when that will be, but I can't imagine it's not planned for as soon as possible (pending regulations, etc. - which can really get in the way at times).

• Informative
Reactions: timnd and ACarneiro

I think you are confusing many peoples experience of owning a Tesla vs their other car owning experience and never wanting to own a Tesla with the word HATE.

You are also making assumptions about many people’s brand loyalties possibly because of the part of the world that we live in. Hmmmmm

Hate of a person or company as you are accusing many of is very different to many people expressing their poor experience.

Most people, especially early adopters bought into Tesla wanting an enjoyable experience and thought that they would get it because Musk and a large following said they would. Just accept that some people’s experiences are very different to what was over promised and under delivered and if someone harks on how brilliant something is going to be but others have experienced otherwise they are likely going to say so that others can be aware and might not make the same mistake that they have.

Surprised no one has accused anyone of being a Tesla short.

PS 👋

• Disagree
Reactions: timnd and Drew57
But regardless, I have read some reports that there are a very limited number of FSDb testers in the UK, probably collecting data for a larger release. No idea when that will be, but I can't imagine it's not planned for as soon as possible (pending regulations, etc. - which can really get in the way at times).

Our regulations would fully allow FSD beta and beyond. The issue is the will and the ability to pass them.

I’ve never enjoyed a car more than the two Teslas I’ve owned but I’ve never detested the corporate attitude of a company more than the one that made them.

Yeah, you are able to (as a mature individual) to separate those out and understand the difference. Most people are emotionally driven, and clearly cannot.

But . . . this thread was about Highland, so we are very far afield from that now.

I’ve never enjoyed a car more than the two Teslas I’ve owned but I’ve never detested the corporate attitude of a company more than the one that made them.
I think this describes my feelings exactly.
My GOD, my M3P- is such great fun to drive but my GOD they don’t half seem to treat their customers with contempt! And some of their design/engineering decisions are frankly baffling.

Ain’t life fun! 😃

Reactions: bkp_duke and Drew57