Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Point for me is people have been saying no stalks in the UK will not work. It will put people off buying the car (along with no USS and the rest).

Tesla don't take in any contructive criticism. They don't care, so we might aswell just bang our heads against the wall in my opinion. 😄
Except it isn’t constructive criticism, it’s delusional moaning. Sycophantic hero worship, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable 🤣😂

Point for me is people have been saying no stalks in the UK will not work. It will put people off buying the car (along with no USS and the rest).

Tesla don't take in any contructive criticism. They don't care, so we might aswell just bang our heads against the wall in my opinion. 😄

Not true. People didn't like the Yoke, and the wheel made a strong comeback for the S/X because of that.

The new indicator controls are already working very well. They indicate just how important we drivers are to Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Mercimek and Durzel

Actually they do, just rather more slowly than many might want. Examples include the various fixes to the (not very good) V11 UI software update (from about 18 months ago) and adding back the regular steering wheel on the model S.

I believe Tesla could have developed a marvel of stalkless engineering by, first, putting the indicators on each side of the wheel,, and then, using a gyro to dynamically change the left/right orientation whenever the wheel/yoke is upside-down.

Everybody would have wowed at that. Of course, die hard stalk fans would say that the way we have used stalks to indicate for almost a century did not need a change, and well, they wouldn't be wrong...
But instead Tesla with no effort or foresight decided to place the left/right arrows on the same side on a confusing manner... well at least they'll find no one to support them, except for Americans and BMW drivers... oh well....

I believe Tesla could have developed a marvel of stalkless engineering by, first, putting the indicators on each side of the wheel,, and then, using a gyro to dynamically change the left/right orientation whenever the wheel/yoke is upside-down.

Everybody would have wowed at that. Of course, die hard stalk fans would say that the way we have used stalks to indicate for almost a century did not need a change, and well, they wouldn't be wrong...
But instead Tesla with no effort or foresight decided to place the left/right arrows on the same side on a confusing manner... well at least they'll find no one to support them, except for Americans and BMW drivers... oh well....

Or simply drive by wire, with an adjusting turn degree by speed. Would have been a more elegant solution.

Reactions: WllXM
if I had only waited a little longer before pulling the trigger

You'd be awaiting forever ...

Buy the car and start enjoying it :)

Very glad I did that starting in 2015.

Thanks VW, if it hadn't been for you shafting me over DieselGate I would not have known that EVs existed that could go 250 miles and went like sh1t out of a Goose!

You'd be awaiting forever ...

Buy the car and start enjoying it :)

Very glad I did that starting in 2015.

Thanks VW, if it hadn't been for you shafting me over DieselGate I would not have known that EVs existed that could go 250 miles and went like sh1t out of a Goose!
Yes I absolutely agree...I’ve had two years with my Tesla and still enjoy it every day

I don’t like this either but frankly I’d overlook that for a Plaid Model 3. I’m going to be in a hedge long before anyone needs to know if its the left hedge or the right hedge I might be going into 😂

I see no reason why it could not be a tap or double tap on the wheel circumference which you could do without taking your hand off the wheel at all .. left/right half of wheel chooses direction REGARDLESS of the wheel turn position and rotation angle.

Reactions: WllXM