Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 17.17.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this with 17.11.45, try resetting your cid.
it got so bad, Tesla was ready to come & get it on a flatbed. Complete no power scenario. good thing we hadn't sold the spare car. Fortunately someone on the phone @tesla managed to walk me through a chicken voodo dance to bring the car back to life. they pushed the upgrade & 1½ later it was resuscitated. Isn't there at least one more fix due? .... non-freeway autopilot lane change?

car... reads signs 1 in 3 times. How do I know this? I drive the same commute with my fiat, and the gps speed is different than the Tesla's camera speed (actual posted limit). I'm fairly confident in the system on highway, except trucks and motorcycles.
Your Fiat and Tesla could be using different databases, or GPS on your cars might be slightly off. I pass 4-5 clearly visible speed limit signs daily but my X does not indicate speed change until far later. I don't think any sign reading is active at this point.

it got so bad, Tesla was ready to come & get it on a flatbed. Complete no power scenario. good thing we hadn't sold the spare car. Fortunately someone on the phone @tesla managed to walk me through a chicken voodo dance to bring the car back to life. they pushed the upgrade & 1½ later it was resuscitated.
If by the voodoo dance you mean pressing and holding two scroll-wheels on the steering wheels until cid resets - that's apparently a standard procedure.
My car got delivered from service in a state like this - no navigation and then cid crashed completely and got stuck on the starting T screen (or frequently just black).
I did a reset as instructed over the phone ("sometimes it does that, this is not normal, but happens") and operations restored.
Well, it's jsut software, right? written by your typical cheap <insert a stereotype> programmer, so full of bugs which is the new normal nowadays.

I updated to 17.17.4, I exited the freeway with TACC, other cars in front of me moved to the other lane and the car sped up to the stopped car (red light) that I had to step on the brake to stop, it didn't show signs of slowing down, I was going about 25mph. I haven't experienced that before.