Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 17.17.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very pleased with this update. Overall much improved and very excited about local road now at posted speed +5.
glad to see it's 'improved' for some . . . .
Ours? not do much. We now get THIS (dare i say) sort of BS going on - both this time, as well as the prior update;

20170428_204830.jpg

kind of exasperating .... going from one crippled rev to the next. Less than 3 weeks .... & it'll be the ½ year anniversary past the hope/expectation/thought that AP2 would be working properly. One more trip to the service center to un-bork this mess. The music / sound system is similarly crippled during these last couple 'fixes' too. I'd sure hate to be lost in Compton when the navi system dies. Plan 'b' ... use phone maps (shaking head). Oh well ... keeping expectations low. Worse case scenario, the lease ends (less than 28½ months to go) w/out ever having experienced the system functioning properly. Here's to keeping a good attitude while dealing w/it -
sometimes ya just gotta laugh ...

Attachments

• 20170428_204830.jpg
    20170428_204830.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: HumanGenome
This is the best update for the AP2 cars since 8.1 was released. Maybe technically surpasses it. I've noticed the car is more sensitive and it reads signs 1 in 3 times. How do I know this? I drive the same commute with my fiat, and the gps speed is different than the Tesla's camera speed (actual posted limit). I'm fairly confident in the system on highway, except trucks and motorcycles.

received my car from SC after windshield replacement (replaced through warranty due to a stress crack). i believe sc pushed the update, installed it right after coming home. AP2 works on local roads now, works nicely on highway too. I noticed that after this update, when auto pilot is engaged, i see car tries to tail, car in front when it exits, then it corrects. may be it will become better with more driving.

it reads signs 1 in 3 times. How do I know this? I drive the same commute with my fiat, and the gps speed is different than the Tesla's camera speed (actual posted limit). .
interesting to know about reading signs. my experience is different, gps has wrong speed limit on I276 (posted speed limit is 70, gps shows 65), but no sign reading or correction.

Reactions: ABC2D
interesting to know about reading signs. my experience is different, gps has wrong speed limit on I276 (posted speed limit is 70, gps shows 65), but no sign reading or correction.
My experiences so far also indicate no camera involvement. Although I have not seen any incorrect sign postings I still notice that those streets that have signs but no gps data associated with them still are not reflected in the car itself.