Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Information about snappier UI with this release is VERY interesting. I'm still on 2018.6.1 so can't test it. Could some of the lucky ones already installed 18.10.4 make a video or confirm that the UI is improved? I'm sure it's too much to expect the Intel chip to arrive OTA, but improved code is very much welcome :)

Reactions: croman
Few observations after driving maybe 40 miles. Cars are detected MUCH further away and show in the IC for quite some distance. Very frequent phantom braking while using cruise control. So far the phantom braking has just been soft and nothing extreme. The car also seems to be detecting humps in the road or something. One area i drive is a side road and I always use cruise not to speed through there but i noticed a difference this morning. There is a small hump in the road not even as big as a speed bump and the car slowed down about 8-10 MPH before going over the hump and then picked up speed after passing over the hump. Might have been just a random thing but not really sure. Other than that no differences on AP since it still ping pongs on perfectly straight roads. Software seems very stable so far not a single glitch.

Any changes to maps or MCU speed?

Maps appear to be the same. Only thing I saw was that they no longer say Google 2018, now only says Google. The MCU seems pretty quick but I've never really had a speed issue with my car. I can pinch and zoom and spin the map around without much lag and maybe it did a little before. I don't use the navigation all that often so I'm probably not best for answering that.

Maps appear to be the same. Only thing I saw was that they no longer say Google 2018, now only says Google. The MCU seems pretty quick but I've never really had a speed issue with my car. I can pinch and zoom and spin the map around without much lag and maybe it did a little before. I don't use the navigation all that often so I'm probably not best for answering that.

And GUI in general? More responsive when switching between menus?
Also would be cool if you could test the browser and load a few webpages and see if it's still as laggy?
Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: bswn1
With this speed of rollout (if it doesn't trickle off) we should get it soon... 25 *already* today (just from overseas and USA so far!).

TeslaFi is smokin' too...

upload_2018-3-15_6-55-59.png

upload_2018-3-15_6-56-37.png

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Upgraded from 2018.6.1 to .10.4 today and I can say major major improvements in AP compared to 6.1 (6.1 was a real step back in my 2.5 MS and made AP unusable except highways). Going over humps so far seems to be greatly improved with no more sudden swerves after the hump.

Another thing I noticed is on highways where lanes merge together (3 lanes become 2 and the line for the 3rd lane disappears creating a very wide lane until it merges to 2 lanes). Now the car seems to stay centered in the widened lane as it tapers to normal lane width. Very nice.

I think this rollout was mainly to fix the issues from 2018.6.1 which it did for my car. I'm happy with it even if it doesn't improve any functions since I was getting tired of rebooting the car.
Weird that so far it's only going to AP2/2.5 as lots of other cars got 2018.10. Wonder if there's something 'affected' on the newer cars that needs correcting sooner? Higher MCU reboots? I had no further issues once I rebooted the MCU (no more overcharging or MCU spontaneous reboots (which I didn't see in the first place)). But who knows the rollout logic.