Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done a bunch more testing the last 2 days on roads with hills and sharp turns. So far this update is 100%. No swerving at the top of hills and I haven't had to take over around sharp turns . My car does not slowed down coming into any turns like it should but it will slow down after it realizes it is going way too fast. It always stay in the lane, no matter how fast it goes. The only problem I have had is the car does not slow down smoothly when coming up on a car stopped ahead and starts very slowly when it gets going again. Something to work on. Here are some of the videos of the drive:

Last edited:
There have been some murmurings about the the premium sound system not sounding so premium anymore since the latest update, specifically the noticeable loss of bass and a reduction in maximum volume.

My ears are pretty shot and I really can't tell the difference. Has anyone found this to be true?

Interesting. I didn't mention it in my previous review because I hadn't been tracking it, but my first impression was that the sound system sounded better/louder.

• Helpful
Reactions: avesraggiana
On my stress test road it still failed 3 out of 4 of the sweeping curves. It went right to the lane lines AFTER the curves were over (just stopped turning too soon before the curve was finished). So more work needs to be done on even curves. It did the S curve perfectly which is what it used to fail twice on, so progress was clearly made but not as much as I initially thought on normal roads. These curves are in a 30mph zone and marked 20mph or 15mph but the car failed to really slow. I tried them again at 20mph and they did the same lazy turn error just slower.

I use ev-fw and TeslaFI and TeslaFI is showing more today then yesterday. Still increasing but by a lot.

TeslaFI
51 / 49 / 46 / 250 / 182 / 35

ev-fi
11 / 25 / 33 / 114 / 129 / 38
Down or flat is still not a full rollout after over 100 each on two days! Have to see if we get another down day or if the replacement version appears, as 10.4 did for 10.

Can we please kill this entire notion of the repeater cams
On my stress test road it still failed 3 out of 4 of the sweeping curves. It went right to the lane lines AFTER the curves were over (just stopped turning too soon before the curve was finished). So more work needs to be done on even curves. It did the S curve perfectly which is what it used to fail twice on, so progress was clearly made but not as much as I initially thought on normal roads. These curves are in a 30mph zone and marked 20mph or 15mph but the car failed to really slow. I tried them again at 20mph and they did the same lazy turn error just slower.

Yes, that’s the torque issue, they are still limiting how much the wheel can be torqued by ap, probably for safety reasons but that’s speculation on my part, but the torque piece is limited, but less so then previous versions, maybe June we’ll get something special, maybe...

Hi arrowpine,

Could you post a video of navigation screen while driving ?
How fast does the screen refreshes per second ?
(with MCU1 is seems like approx 3 frames / sec, satellite mode or not is same)

Also, when you zoom in/out, do you see blank tiles beeing getting filled one by one or does the tile filing depend on the LTE network quality ?

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't drive much today and worked late. I'll try to do this tomorrow if I can find the time.

I noticed my car downloading more than usual on my unifi controller and got so excited ! I'm sitting here watching it download trying to spur it on but it keeps dropping to a snail's pace despite plenty of download bandwidth. Put me out of my misery already! Imagine if we were actually getting an EAP feature, or god forbid, FSD! I'd need to take time off work.

Can we please kill this entire notion of the repeater cams

Yes, that’s the torque issue, they are still limiting how much the wheel can be torqued by ap, probably for safety reasons but that’s speculation on my part, but the torque piece is limited, but less so then previous versions, maybe June we’ll get something special, maybe...
Are you telling us because you got the next beta version?! I believe you told us about 10.4 version about 2-4 weeks before it was released while you were beta/alpha testing it.

Are you telling us because you got the next beta version?! I believe you told us about 10.4 version about 2-4 weeks before it was released while you were beta/alpha testing it.

I don’t think there’s a hidden message there... He just sounds annoyed that someone thought they discovered AP2 has eyes on the back of its head when in reality they’re really bad at applying Hello Kitty tape to a windshield.... :D