Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. James Cooke had some clip of a vlog discussing the iPace and saying ‘because we’re British it’s a froot’. Ick. That’s been discussed lots of times as you say.

2. Adding the features we know about in 2018.10 may just be keeping parity with the 3 as Elon said they were going to do. Not saying everything is there but he has said the S and X will be the most advanced. Can’t be the most advanced if you don’t even have things the other has!

Keep in mind that many of these updates are likely more about the test & verification code they've stuck in the update than about anything we can see. We already know that the new maps+nav engine, or a new maps+nav engine, is in the code and has not been revealed yet. We also know that a lot of new AP stuff is in there doing comparative testing against the driver's actual maneuvers. This is all good and getting us closer to improved Nav and AP.

They may even have a list of simple little features they can add occasionally as an excuse for the updates so it doesn't look like every update is completely nothing. :)

• Informative
Reactions: don123 and ChrML
1. James Cooke had some clip of a vlog discussing the iPace and saying ‘because we’re British it’s a froot’. Ick. That’s been discussed lots of times as you say.

2. Adding the features we know about in 2018.10 may just be keeping parity with the 3 as Elon said they were going to do. Not saying everything is there but he has said the S and X will be the most advanced. Can’t be the most advanced if you don’t even have things the other has!

Like a better more responsive display and a driver monitoring system for greater regulatory flexibility?

• Funny
Reactions: NerdUno
I got the 2018.10 update late yesterday at a service center. The only interesting thing I’ve noticed so far is that when changing driver profiles it moves the seat and the steering wheel at the same time instead of one after the other.

It did seem to take close to 40 minutes to install over 6.1 rather than the usual 22 minutes, but I couldn’t tell exactly when they started so this might be wrong.

Like a better more responsive display and a driver monitoring system for greater regulatory flexibility?
Yeah, I didn’t say complete parity. :D

On install times, I believe my 6.1 took longer also than the ‘classic’ 35-45 minutes.

And, seriously, if Elon really gets S and X to complete parity, there will be a lot of hardware to upgrade like the MCU CPU, etc.

Just received 2018.10 on Friday afternoon via over the air update from the SC because I was having problems with 2018.6.1 with multiple error messages regarding my Nov. 2017 MS 100D braking system. Yesterday 3/10 I drove from Tennessee to Michigan (700 miles) and I noticed the Autosteer and Autopilot was vastly improved over previous software versions. On straights and gentle curves on the E-way the program was spot on in the middle of the lane. No ping-ponging at all. It does still favor the middle line during sharper corners, which causes some anxiety when the car/truck in the next lane gets too close. It also seems the new software also is better at recognizing on and off ramps when driving by them and stays plumb center in the lane. Before I experienced some swerving. I drive this route twice a month and the software just keeps getting better. In the 4 months that I've had the car I'm impressed on the driving improvements that have been made. Can't wait to see what else is too come. Good work Elon & Co.!!

I have 2018.10 as well. Another thing I noticed this morning, it seems to anticipate egress out of the garage using homelink. I keep it parked in the garage and linked via homelink. Today got in the X, pressed on the brake and the garage door starting going up. I do have auto open set up for when I get home and auto close when I leave, but this is the first time I’ve seen it do this. Can anyone else confirm?

• Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio
I have 2018.10 as well. Another thing I noticed this morning, it seems to anticipate egress out of the garage using homelink. I keep it parked in the garage and linked via homelink. Today got in the X, pressed on the brake and the garage door starting going up. I do have auto open set up for when I get home and auto close when I leave, but this is the first time I’ve seen it do this. Can anyone else confirm?
I can’t see how this could be a new option without a corresponding UI option. You may not want this ever to happen because you open the garage manually for other reasons, like you come in that way.

Yeah odd, I’ve never had this happen before. Will test a few more times when I get home and double check UI settings.

I had a 2x2 tandem garage and I once parked near the rear. I put it in reverse and the garage door opened up and this was on 2017.42. Will be interesting to see if this is reproducible as this is undesired behavior.

It's hard to hear my garage door moving and in the X really hard to see out of the back window making it for a scary situation if the door starts to unexpectedly move.

I updated to 2018.10 9982696 today.

Nothing new in AP as far as I can tell.
yeah, same old mr. toad's Wild Ride.
but heck - you can't say that there's NOTHING new - since being able to read tire pressure differently.... woohoo!
Now - we can open the front & rear trunks using the app.
20180311_144840.jpg

Sure that might sound stupid & idiotic, because if you have a handful of groceries you can't whip your phone out anyways, & if someone is standing next to you, they could run to the car & open the trunk way faster than accessing a phone app, but still ...
woohoo

Sure that might sound stupid & idiotic, because if you have a handful of groceries you can't whip your phone out anyways, & if someone is standing next to you, they could run to the car & open the trunk way faster than accessing a phone app, but still ...
woohoo

It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they don't add this feature (which already exists on the Model 3), then we complain that the Model 3 has stuff the S and X don't. If they do add it, we complain that it's stupid and idiotic. o_O

Bruce.