Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re correct. Plain old braking. Still scared the crap out of us.
That's ok. The main drags in our city are 3 lanes, each direction. All 3 lanes slowing 50yds ahead (50mph) & we're in the middle lane & road is straight & level .... AP2 starts to slow us (it's set for maximum far-away distance) then at the ½ way distance - bam ... it starts picking up speed again. Now THAT will scare the crap out of you. One of several items brought up when my better ½ brought the X in this morning. Gave the SC lots of log times to help diagnose. She says she got an X loaner .... I hope it's an oldie - AP1 (crossing fingers).
:)

We got 10.4 last week, and I just got a chance to play with remotely opening the trunk. I think it has limited use? The scenario of walking up to the car with your hands full is not conducive to fumbling with your phone. Instead, changing the functionality to "open trunk remotely when key fob gets within range" would work better? So you are in line checking out and hit the button on the app. Your trunk stay securely closed in the parking lot. When you walk up with your hands full a few minutes later, the trunk opens once it detects the key fob.

I wonder if they could have an optional feature that automatically opens the trunk if the fob is in range and one particular rear bumper ultrasonic sensor detects an object within a few centimetres (i.e. your leg)? Kind of like those cars with the foot-operated sensor below the bumper.

Reactions: Bilen
We got 10.4 last week, and I just got a chance to play with remotely opening the trunk. I think it has limited use? The scenario of walking up to the car with your hands full is not conducive to fumbling with your phone. Instead, changing the functionality to "open trunk remotely when key fob gets within range" would work better? So you are in line checking out and hit the button on the app. Your trunk stay securely closed in the parking lot. When you walk up with your hands full a few minutes later, the trunk opens once it detects the key fob.

Notably, the update also enabled Remote S’ open trunk/frunk feature. So I’ve been using it since getting the update to open the trunk/frunk using my Apple Watch.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I used the open trunk feature the other day. We have two model S’s and I typically only carry one fob. Needed something out of the other car so I just pulled out my phone and opened it instead of going inside to get the fob. I’m happy to have it.

Loving this thread! sub'd
o.png