Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.26 3bbd9fd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think lane changes on AP are smoother with this update. On the few times I had AP change lanes it steered with the same amount of steering input as if I did it manually, instead of that initial sharpness previously.

But I have had to boot the car twice to get internet to work since this update. I haven't had to do that in over a month; not sure how the "update" affected this or coincidence.

I haven't received the .3 update yet.

The dramatically improved AP was 2018.10.4 release around March 14th. The centering of the lane (I think) happened in that update. I remember thinking at the time about the gore point accident (March 23rd) is that the person may have been on the new version because that is what it was doing. Anyway, I have not tested this myself but if true and done well I believe this will be a very big improvement.
Ok,
Drove home from the coast today on 2018.26
While driving on 101 on the Oregon coast I noticed at least one time a where my car did center itself on the widening lane and veered right.
I suppose my prior experience could have been a one-offf
It’s possible that my improved experience was the result of a car in my blind spot that I was not aware of.
Also I was fairly convinced that the black screen on the rear view camera issue was gone.
However the black screen on the rear view camera reappeared this morning and I had to do a steering wheel reset to resolve it.
For the most part I believe that the iPhone X Bluetooth echoing issue is gone.
I also experienced some phantom breaking which seem to be booked by oncoming traffic.
in att least one case it is also possible that it was just slowing down because the car ahead of me was overreacting to the oncoming traffic and TACC was just doing it’s job because the following distance didn’t seem to be affected by the breaking even though I did not see break lights on the car in front of me.
Although my gut feeling is that this was not the case.

I snapped this photo the other day when I experienced the “don’t instantly center in a widening lane” that has been mentioned a few times. I don’t think this is purely coincidence as I felt way back in March, the car would practically trip over itself to get centered when the road widened.

Doesn’t do it like that any more. (This is an example of it just happily biasing itself to the left, but it should be noted that it does still center itself on widening roads.)

Attachments

• FB4DCE89-4DF9-4B7B-9443-1DE0517E6717.jpeg
    FB4DCE89-4DF9-4B7B-9443-1DE0517E6717.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
After this update, scrolling and selecting apps does not work any more on my classic. When I press the scroll wheel, all I see is the trip screen and the car status, but can't change it. Volume works, and navigation on the left. Right side is the same.
Anyone else seen this? Hope to get some feedback. Bummer I can't see my tire pressure any more.
TIA.

I snapped this photo the other day when I experienced the “don’t instantly center in a widening lane” that has been mentioned a few times. I don’t think this is purely coincidence as I felt way back in March, the car would practically trip over itself to get centered when the road widened.

Doesn’t do it like that any more. (This is an example of it just happily biasing itself to the left, but it should be noted that it does still center itself on widening roads.)
Right. Looks like it did not center like mine is still doing. I wonder if it is the CHILL Mode and too lazy to center :)

Today was my first long drive (400 miles on I-70 west of Denver) since I installed 2016.26 and I think it's a huge regression from 2018.24.1- it's back to diving into any freeway off ramp or on ramp (the wide lane centering problem that on my car was much improved on 2018.24.1). Way too much crowding lane line, especially on the left side of the car, and a couple phantom braking episodes. Overall disappointing for me...