Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.26 3bbd9fd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S100d got this update today. I've only had it for a few minutes and won't be able to drive until later....

-Only noticeable update is to charging screen. Will update more on AP later

Attachments

• 20180725_082704.jpg
    20180725_082704.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 20180725_082736.jpg
    20180725_082736.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 20180725_082810.jpg
    20180725_082810.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 282
All these people are picking 26.3 because they don't see the space after the 26... <sigh> This has happened before. There is no 2018.26.3 on TeslaFi because TeslaFi is automatic entry and can't be wrong (99.9999% of the time). This is 2018.26 3b..... If you don't see it on TeslaFi after a day or so, it doesn't exist, sorry!

Yeah, paging @HankLloydRight, perhaps you can move all these people back to 2018.26 on ev-fw? :D I think it already has snowballed. How can so many people be wrong?! (Meaning, the more people pick it, the more will pick it. I saw the one a few days ago, now we have 21!)

In case it's not clear, ev-fw does not use the hashcodes. You look at the first part only.

I wish Tesla Development would get off this hashcode kick. :confused:

Reactions: JohnnyG and croman
All these people are picking 26.3 because they don't see the space after the 26... <sigh> This has happened before. There is no 2018.26.3 on TeslaFi because TeslaFi is automatic entry and can't be wrong (99.9999% of the time). This is 2018.26 3b..... If you don't see it on TeslaFi after a day or so, it doesn't exist, sorry!

Yeah, paging @HankLloydRight, perhaps you can move all these people back to 2018.26 on ev-fw? :D I think it already has snowballed. How can so many people be wrong?! (Meaning, the more people pick it, the more will pick it. I saw the one a few days ago, now we have 21!)

In case it's not clear, ev-fw does not use the hashcodes. You look at the first part only.

I wish Tesla Development would get off this hashcode kick. :confused:

Well, my Model S 90D update is to 2018.26.3bbd9fd not 2018.26 .3bbd9fd

Ernie

Well, my Model S 90D update is to 2018.26.3bbd9fd not 2018.26 .3bbd9fd

Ernie
There’s no period. The last seven digits are irrelevant. They are the programmer’s hashcode and are not part of the version. Tesla started this confusing practice about a year ago and we have no idea why.

If you think the period is there, look at your app again. The version is there at the bottom of the page. No period. I’m on the same version.

The part that counts is 2018.26

Reactions: JohnnyG and croman
Tesla started this confusing practice about a year ago and we have no idea why.

Obviously not official, but the reason why seems pretty clear to me: so it’s trivial to check out the exact code corresponding with a particular build for debugging problems found in the field. Pretty much everywhere I’ve worked, some problem comes up with some version in the field and ~20 minutes is spent cross referencing external build numbers with internal build numbers with actual commits. If I were a SW engineer at Tesla, that’d be more like 5 seconds.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
so it’s trivial to check out the exact code corresponding with a particular build for debugging problems found in the field.

I'm sure this is a benefit, but it's very easy to use version numbers (lay down a tag in github, for example). I suspect it has more to do with obfuscating the development process - when version numbers are used, lots of forums like this one descend into numerology (how many versions since the last release? is it a major or minor release?).

As long as they don't start calling releases "Startled Panda" etc, I'm good :)

• Funny
Reactions: f205v