Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't take those variable names too literally... I can run some tests if you guys really want to know what qualifies ;)

Also, RE sleep, when a map update is being downloaded, the car should disable sleep until it completes, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything there... so... again my recommendation is WiFi + plugged in!

In my short Tesla model S ownership history I have received 3 updates, all of which occurred some time between 9pm and 5am with my car in the garage on wifi. The car was never plugged in. I have always connected checked off, energy saving mode off.

I always thought the download actually woke the car up?

The car was designed and built in the state of California, which has slightly different laws on lane occupation than the Real World. They drive in the (more) left lane if going the prevailing speed of traffic, BY LAW. Only slower drivers occupy the right lane. This is primarily due to their having vastly different speed limits (20% lower) for trucks than for other vehicles. If one tries to "stay to the right except to pass", it would be even more frustrating and dangerous than it already is.
As a Los Angelino by birth I’m well versed in traffic etiquette in SoCal, which I would say is near enough to how things go down near Fremont. The truth is that every city of reasonable size with 3 or more lane freeways devolve into a similar experience. Trucks in the right couple lanes, and then increasing levels of aggressive driving to the left. If speeds are below the limit due to traffic, nobody’s leaving the left lane to let others pass. I’ve driven all around the country, and while the character of drivers change, this trait never does.

There’s a crazy amount of social nuance involved in city driving. Must be an incredibly daunting task to program.

In my short Tesla model S ownership history I have received 3 updates, all of which occurred some time between 9pm and 5am with my car in the garage on wifi. The car was never plugged in. I have always connected checked off, energy saving mode off.

I always thought the download actually woke the car up?

Yes, updates keep the car awake. And remember: map updates are different than firmware updates. Map updates (so far anyways) have all REQUIRED wifi. Car firmware updates can (and do) happen over LTE, though you usually get updates faster if you keep your car on wifi (and if you are only on LTE, you may only get the "high priority" fleet wide updates, and miss some of the other ones).

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE
I hope its something. Last couple of days .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180930-175808_Google Wifi.jpg
    Screenshot_20180930-175808_Google Wifi.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Weird. Wondering if it's staging V9 so more users can get it at the same time?
View attachment 339579 View attachment 339578

No, it doesn’t work like that. There’s no magic button that tesla has to push the software in stealth to,all the cars and then wake up 10 am PST and press a button and boom! It’s a miracle.

Based on the size of those numbers I’d guess it’s maps update...

So I might not be in the popular view with my post but after looking at all the different pre-release pictures of the new UI layout I feel like it’s taking a step in the wrong direction with adding the card based views from the model three to the S and the X. Model three has landscape view and is higher up in the viewable area compared to the dashboard. Model S and X have the radically larger vertical center console, which to me feels excellent with the current configuration. I personally use the camera always on and on top of my split screen view and would be sad to have to tap an app drawer, only to find a card view which is an overlay on to the existing background, and cannot pull it to the top of the screen permanently. Is there anyone out there who feels like I do?

So I might not be in the popular view with my post but after looking at all the different pre-release pictures of the new UI layout I feel like it’s taking a step in the wrong direction with adding the card based views from the model three to the S and the X. Model three has landscape view and is higher up in the viewable area compared to the dashboard. Model S and X have the radically larger vertical center console, which to me feels excellent with the current configuration. I personally use the camera always on and on top of my split screen view and would be sad to have to tap an app drawer, only to find a card view which is an overlay on to the existing background, and cannot pull it to the top of the screen permanently. Is there anyone out there who feels like I do?
I have 3 but have some experience with s/x. Agree with you. It certainly seems like a square peg through round hole with the new behavior for s/x with v9. I do get the point that they're trying to simplify their development costs and make everything like 3 cause it has the most amount of design time.

Reactions: appleguru

Plus they took away the one really compelling/scary thing so the date seems perfectly legit.

The only thing that has me questioning the date is the beta cars just got the release so there isn't a whole lot time. So it seems like sometime this week is more plausible than tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm sitting here, reading all the chatter in this thread. Car plugged in and wifi connected, Starting to get disappointed.

1. Plugged in (both car and me) 2. Awake mode(both the car and me) 3. Cell phone on table at end of bed so Tesla app can be seen all night for alert

Also, looking at the posts "it is already tomorrow (in some places)" .... by my calculations it is THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW in some places and still no downloads reported....... will stay online to see if tomorrow morning the 3000 car Teslafi fleet report success!