Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As it turns out the driver door on my X has completely failed, it can’t open at all but the system thinks it’s open. So maybe it’s a good thing for me the update is so underwhelming, I won’t have envy while it’s in service. Maybe 9.5 will be out by the time I get it back and we will have EAP. ;)

As it turns out the driver door on my X has completely failed, it can’t open at all but the system thinks it’s open. So maybe it’s a good thing for me the update is so underwhelming, I won’t have envy while it’s in service. Maybe 9.5 will be out by the time I get it back and we will have EAP. ;)
You know about scroll-wheel reset, right? Try reset w/door open, and closed.

There is no blind spot monitoring on the 3. Screen displays cars in front NOT at side or in back.

It does have a really poor blind spot monitoring. It shows up as lines drawn around where it detects something. The color of what's drawn indicates how close it is with red being really close.

The UI is often delayed from when the object was detected.

The difference with V9 is it now uses the side rear facing cameras to detect cars. So instead of the boundary lines you get a physical representation of what's detected (bike, car, etc). It also has an improvement where it has the straight line if you hit the turn signal while it's detecting something.

Your post does point out a really good thing about blindspot monitoring on V9. People will actually know the car has it versus "what are these weird lines it draws?". :)

I'd still prefer traditional blindspot monitor with the indicator in the mirror. It is disappointing that the Model 3 doesn't have this.

A5FB0C52-8E1D-445E-8BB8-C303E5AEFCE2.jpeg
Could this be it??!! I just received this notification 5 mins ago after I got back from volunteer work at Tesla delivery center.