Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it enforcing the following distance, perhaps with a stale reference speed? Having been in marching band, the staggered start at a stop light is annoying to me.
I'm glad it's as annoying to you as it is to me. Marching band is a very good analogy for what it SHOULD be. Following distance doesn't make a difference even on 1 - even though it's meant to be an (arbitrary) time scale. No, I just think they have very conservative take-offs intentionally to avoid lots of jerky stop start in case the car in front is creeping slightly. Either way, once the car in front has clearly gone ahead, there's still a deathly pause and painfully slow acceleration - which is weird because at other times I feel significantly more acceleration. It's like it's permanently on chill mode. Personally I wish it'd respect the driving mode and accelerate accordingly...

Reactions: croman
I'm glad it's as annoying to you as it is to me. Marching band is a very good analogy for what it SHOULD be. Following distance doesn't make a difference even on 1 - even though it's meant to be an (arbitrary) time scale. No, I just think they have very conservative take-offs intentionally to avoid lots of jerky stop start in case the car in front is creeping slightly. Either way, once the car in front has clearly gone ahead, there's still a deathly pause and painfully slow acceleration - which is weird because at other times I feel significantly more acceleration. It's like it's permanently on chill mode. Personally I wish it'd respect the driving mode and accelerate accordingly...

No Tesla here, I'm taking about human drivers ;)

Hopefully just a filter coefficient that is set conservatively to start with.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I understand. To me it seems very strange that out of a sampling of 2,939 cars only 13 or .4% are still on 2018.28.5 without there being some issue. But maybe you are part of the extremely unlucky owners. Do NOT buy a lottery ticket.

TeslaFi Fleet Totals - 2,939 Active Cars
2018.28.5 377ec8b 13 0.4%

There is this site for tracking firmware too:
Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

Really enjoying 39.6
1. So much nicer not having to disengage AP in order to change lanes on local roads.
2. So nice to know AP is also watching the blind spot ... actually 360 degrees.
3. Slowing for stopped cars at traffic lights is far better. My back-seat driver doesn't have to smack me on the back of the head so often.
4. The speed and timing of freeway lane changes are much closer to that of a good driver ... nice, really nice! With AP 360 degree traffic awareness, it must be far safer than any other car/driver.
5. We now have to tighten our steering-wheel grip at intersections to be ready to counteract the odd rare occasion when Tess suddenly decides to dart to the side a bit too much. This too will pass. Don't worry, be happy.

Help! I can't find steering heat and back seat heat. (MX AP2 on 39.6) I did what the manual said. The tab they talk about seems to be missing. I have the sub-zero winter package option installed on the car. It worked on V8.1 Thanks.

Click on the HVAC fan icon on bottom of the screen. You'll see gray 3d seats. Touch them and they will turn red with 3 wavy lines. Touch more to turn down.

• Helpful
Reactions: pedriscoll
Might be true. I'm just going by what a colleague told me whom actually works on the server end. When he said WiFi isn't needed to get the update, I did not clarify that it might be quicker on Wifi.

The Tesla email I received about V 9.0 (see below) specifically states to be on Wifi to improve your chances. My Model S is on strong WiFi at Home and at my Office too. I'm plugged in at both Locations as well & currently on 36.2

Be Patient I guess.

Oh and to the Marching Band Guys. You can press the Gas while in Auto Pilot. I do it for a second or two because I think it takes off to slow as well, then I let it take over once its going.

Screenshot_20181008-083158_AquaMail.jpg

Last edited:
Had anyone who has gotten V9 and has AP2+ and lives in CA had a chance to use AP in the HOV lane on the freeway?

Before V9, I avoided HOV because it felt like AP was going to collide into the center divider wall at any moment. I had a tough time trusting it! Has that changed with all the cameras activated?

Also, has anyone gotten that “Seatbelt Card” functionality that some early V9 hackers showered, wherein you can tell the car to ignore a seatbelt alert when there is a child seat connected with the LATCH system?

Reactions: ironwaffle
Had anyone who has gotten V9 and has AP2+ and lives in CA had a chance to use AP in the HOV lane on the freeway?

Before V9, I avoided HOV because it felt like AP was going to collide into the center divider wall at any moment. I had a tough time trusting it! Has that changed with all the cameras activated?

Also, has anyone gotten that “Seatbelt Card” functionality that some early V9 hackers showered, wherein you can tell the car to ignore a seatbelt alert when there is a child seat connected with the LATCH system?

There is a setting in AP for HOV lanes and by default it's off.

My car came just before the rear sensors were put in (Dec 23 2016 delivery). I wish I had them, asked SC no response.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Anyone else having audio (streaming only that I noticed via Slacker) that it skips when a USB is plugged into the front port for the dashcam feature? Once I pull the USB out, it goes back to normal.

Seems like an MCU resource issue when streaming and using dashcam. Anyone else?

Have v9 AP2.5 - never really had an issue in HOV Lanes. Drive them all the time, occasionallly the car would get close to the center divider (when the divider popped out a bit for overpasses) but nothing that ever made me too nervous. It is certainly better at staying center in the lane now with all the Cams running. Only issue I really had with HOV lanes are with motorcycles lane splitting and getting the occasional bird from folks on motorcycles since autopilot does not scootch over to make room for them. Whole other thread on that topic though.

Overall - it seems much more stable on interstates. However on regular roads the car seems a bit skiddish at times, especially when the lines in the road suddenly disappear or fade, the car seems to want to drastically correct itself, corrects incorrectly, then tries to correct again when the lines return causing a fun ping pong effect where I am certain if a cop were behind me they would pull me over and want to give me a DUI test. *It was the car, I swear!*