Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
html5test.jpg
teslaupdate.jpg
I got 12.1 this morning after having 12 for about a week. Only new functionality I see is the "On-route Battery Warmup". I could have used that last week on my 2,500 mile road trip. I tested the browser with Chromium 73 on html5test.com. I went from 316 to 490, a noticeable improvement.

View attachment 400877 View attachment 400878 I got 12.1 this morning after having 12 for about a week. Only new functionality I see is the "On-route Battery Warmup". I could have used that last week on my 2,500 mile road trip. I tested the browser with Chromium 73 on html5test.com. I went from 316 to 490, a noticeable improvement.

What year, model and battery size? Location? You’re the only person I’ve seen get this without the 150 kW charging.

I was driving home last night in and out of moderate rain. I was using NOA and a couple of time when I passed a semi the rain and spray would be pretty heavy. I got a couple of NOA unavailable due to weather messages.

Well after the rain let up a little and my auto sensing wiper's were a little to slow I manually turned on the wipers and got the same message.
As soon as I turned wipers off NOA became active again. I replicated this multiple times during the drive including a stretch when there was no rain at all.

I have a Model S with 2019.8.5

I was driving home last night in and out of moderate rain. I was using NOA and a couple of time when I passed a semi the rain and spray would be pretty heavy. I got a couple of NOA unavailable due to weather messages.

Well after the rain let up a little and my auto sensing wiper's were a little to slow I manually turned on the wipers and got the same message.
As soon as I turned wipers off NOA became active again. I replicated this multiple times during the drive including a stretch when there was no rain at all.

I have a Model S with 2019.8.5
Love your signature block..........

I’m not sure if it’s already been mentioned here.
I have not read every single page of this thread.
Today I was driving on auto pilot on 2019.12 on my MCU2 to 2018 MS 100D ( USA)
on a surface street, Coming to an intersection with a street light where I was going to make a left turn. I disengaged auto pilot as I normally would in this situation as I approach the intersection.
I was stopped behind another vehicle, I glanced at the instrument cluster and noticed that the auto pilot steering wheel icon was still blue.
I pushed the stock forward, yet it remained blue. Pressed on the break again, Still blue.
I actually tried to re-engage and disengage it with the stalk, but nothing seemed to work.
Then suddenly the IC screen went black and the T logo appeared on the IC only. The 17 inch screen was unchanged. After that everything seemed normal again
I called customer support and they answered within a couple of minutes so I was able to give them the exact timeframe of the incident.
I was told that this was a known issue in 2019.12 (not sure if it is limited to specific models…) And that an update was being worked on to fix it. She said that I would get it as soon as it was ready, so that gives me the impression that it’s not fixed in 12.1. Although I really don’t know for sure.
From our discussion I gathered that this had nothing to do with auto pilot not being able to disengage… Just a display issue and it was likely that the issue occurred prior to disengaging auto pilot and it was just displaying a frozen version of the previously correct display.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
First time I got an update the first day it was released!

Testing out sentry mode, I managed to get the red circle on the MCU, but couldn't set off the alarm by hitting the window. Was afraid to hit it any harder.

Still no dashcam on MCU1 :(

Will be trying out the new supercharging rate soon, hopefully the ones around me support it.

Just received 2019.12.1, up from 8.5 on an MCU1, AP2.5 Model S.

Here are the differences and some notes:
  • NoAP (Beta) - Same as 8.5 - You can turn off Lane Change Confirmation
  • Software Updates -NEW - View details about your software version.
  • TeslAtari - NEW GAMES
    • Super Breakout
    • Millipede - GONE
    • all games still choppy and hard to play on MCU1
  • Sentry Mode - SAME
  • Dashcam - SAME
  • On-Route Battery Warmup (sic) - NEW
  • Additional Language Support - NEW?
  • Autosteer Stop Light Warning - SAME
Other things I noticed:
  • Display screen seems much more responsive to touch and motion
    • could just be the reboot but it feels smoother
  • Triple Tap on the T icon change
    • Prior would bring up sketch pad
    • Now brings up Arcade Mode
      • You lose access to bottom controls so you can't use the sketch pad trick to minimize CPU use
Have not checked:
  • Skipping / stuttering of audio through Tune-In
    • If this still exists, losing the "sketchpad" trick above may be an issue - didn't test.
  • Any AutoPilot, NoAP features
    • phantom breaking - teenage freeway driving skittish behavior

Last edited:
I received notification via the app of a pending update (AP2 currently 2019.8.5). I got busy for a few hours. When I was ready to perform the update, it was no longer pending on the app or the car itself.

Kinda pissed due to having the same braking issues that many others have noticed with their TACC. I was hoping that a new update would alleviate the issues.

Anyone else have an update "rescinded"?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: pedriscoll
I received notification via the app of a pending update (AP2 currently 2019.8.5). I got busy for a few hours. When I was ready to perform the update, it was no longer pending on the app or the car itself.

Kinda pissed due to having the same braking issues that many others have noticed with their TACC. I was hoping that a new update would alleviate the issues.

Anyone else have an update "recided"?

I’m thinking “kinda pissed” is the wrong response to not getting to install an update that was flawed enough it needed to be pulled back.

Reactions: Gt1948